Chapter Eight

I layed down on the couch and went back to sleep. I was just about to fall deep in sleep when I shook.

"Get up," Dally said.

"Why?" I asked worried.

"We have to leave. if you don't leave I'll leave you here." He was packing some of his shirts and jeans into a bag.

I sat up quick. "Dally I told you we're not going anywhere and neither are you!" I screamed.

"Nevaeh!" He turned and looked at me. "We're leaving!" He headed toward the door.

I ran over to the door and leaned against it. I was between him nd the door. "Tell me why you want to leave,"

"Because I care," He put down the bag. "I never have but now I do. Your a great girl. You don't even deserve me. Now I got you pregnant and I care. I care about you. I care about the baby. I just care. and I never have before."

I eased off the door. He looked down at the ground. I walked over to him and put my hand on his face. I pushed his face up so he would face me. "It's ok to care," I said to him.

"Not for me. Everyone thinks my heart is stone. If I start carin' now no one will regconize me. I am who I am and carin' ain't who I am," he walked over to the couch.

"So, care here and be a jerk around everyone else,"

"But what when the kid is born? I'll have to set an example, and I don't want it to be like me,"

My eyes widened. I smiled and shook my head. Dally cared and he wanted to be a good person for our child. "So we'll tell 'em"

"What?'

"We'll tell 'em. Then you can say your changed for your kid,"

"Okay. We'll see if it works,"

I hugged him, and to my suprise, he hugged me back.

That day we went over to the Curtis house. There were a lot more people there. 

"hey Dall." Ponyboy said. "Hey, Neavaeh,"

"hey, guys" Dally said. "Two-Bit, Steve, Johnny, Darry, this is Neavaeh. Nevaeh this is Two-Bit, Steve, Johnny, and Darry."

"Hi," I waved.

"Hey," they all said in unision.

"So I know you all, well most of you, just met Nevaeh but we have some news,"

"Are you two gettin' married?" Soda asked.

"No," dally snapped at him, then looked at me with a kind of maybe later look. Then he looked back at the guys. "I'm gonna be a dad," he told them.

Some weren't focused on him, but they almost broke their necks to look at him they turned their heads so quick.

"Woah," the boy named Two-Bit said. "When did you meet this girl?"

"A few days ago," I said. "He just has a charm," i leaned into him.

"Hmm," Darry sighed. "Woah Dally. How you goona be a father and I ain't one?"

"I got skills," Dally said. Everyone laughed including me and him.

"You must have broke him," Steve said. "Dally's like stone." 

"Maybe now he's broken stone," Sodapop added.

I looked at him and smiled. i had changed him. Maybe i did break this stone.