Chapter Nine

The whole gang congradulated us but you good tell they didn't know anyone that was pregnant. They were all scared to hug me like I had some disease. I wasn't even big yet. It had been like three dys. Maybe not even. I couldn't even remember.

My head started to hurt so I put my hand on my head. Sodapop jumped and walked me over to the couch.

"Hey Doctor Curtis, hands off my girl," Dally said sitting down next to me.

I smiled at him and shrugged at Sodapop. Sodapop started laughing.

"Man Dally, you really like this girl don't you?" Sodapop asked.

"Yeah, Soda, I do," He pulled me into a hug. 

I still can't believe I ran into him running away from my dad. My dad. My dad who's dead. I felt tears in my eyes as I thought about it. Why did I care?

"You ok?" Sodapop asked looking at my teary eyes.

I hated that he's so observant and concering. "Yeah, I'm just tired," I told him and wiped the tears away.

"You wanna sleep? You can sleep in Soda and Ponyboy's bed," Darry asked.

"No I'm fine," I couldn't believe they were all worried. It was like I was dying. All that was going on was that I was pregnant. 

Dally got up. "Okay guys listen, she's fine. If she needs something, she'll ask. Is that clear." He sat back down and whispered to me, "Not our best idea," I looked at him and shook my head.

But it wasn't my fault that they all cared. But I just met some of them. These people are really nice. now I see why Ponyboy was so happy when i said they were good people. If I saw these people on the street, I would think they would jump me. Except for Ponyboy and Sodapop. They look to nice. But the rest look pretty mean.

I stood up. 

"What's wrong?" Sodapop jumped up. Dally shot him a look and he sat down.

"I'm just going out for some air," I headed toward the door.

"No cigarettes. Your pregnant," Dally shouted at me. I flipped him off behind my back as I walked out of the door. When I was outside I heard a loud, group  "OOOOHHH!!" I laughed to myself. I sat out by the fence around there house. I looked up at the sun.Not directly. I'm not stupid. I started crying. Everything was happening so fast. I'm preganant with a boy who found me in New York. My dad died probably because his liver was distroyed. But I was gonna be a mom. A fricken mom. To a child.

I let it all sink in. Then I got up and started running to Dally's house. I got to the door and swung it open. I sat on the dirty couch in the dirty house that i was living in. This was my new home. I started crying more thinking about my life. It's never been perfect and it never will be but now it felt like it was shit.