10 - Me

I looked at Richie and sighed. He came over and put his hand on David's shoulder.

"Guys. Please. David, go get on the plane. I'll be on in a little bit." David nodded, giving me one last look of sorrow, hurt, and anger. I just looked at the ground as he left. Richie took my face in his hands.

"Are you okay?" I shrugged. He kissed my forehead. "Don't cry." He whispered, brushing tears from my face. I just hugged him tightly. He hugged me back and kissed the top of my head. I just wanted to stay in his warm, protective grip. With him, nothing could hurt me.

"Please don't leave me." I whispered, gripping the back of his shirt. He rubbed my back.

"I really wish I didn't have to. There's nothing that I love more than being with you. But ..."

"It's your job. I know. I know." I said softly. He pulled away and took my face in his hands again, pressing his forehead to mine.

"I promise to never ever hurt you. You are my one and only. I really do mean that, Lyss. I'm not going to lie to you like Dave. I know that it's hard to believe after what Hell he put you through, but I swear on my life that I'll be here 110%." I just kissed him. He kissed me back, snaking his arms around my waist.

"I believe you, Richie."

"Good." He kissed my forehead. Nobody knew we were dating yet. Again, Tico and David were the only ones who knew. We were going to keep it that way. Even though the boys in the band had their suspicions, we just told them that it was nothing more than a friendship. We heard someone clear their throat behind us. We jumped and saw Tico. We sighed in relief.

"C'mon, Lover Boy. We need to go." Tico said and headed back to the plane. Richie took my face in his hands and pressed his forehead to mine again. I placed my hands on top of his.

"I love you, Lyss. Don't you ever doubt that for one second."

"I love you too." He gave me a short but passionate kiss, grabbed his bags, then left for the plane. Now what?

"How'd it go last night?"

"Man. It was wild! We brought in 1989. It was the best fucking experience ever!" He said. I laughed. He was so excited.

"I'm happy for you, Rich. I really am." I said.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Why?"

"You just sound upset or sick or something."

"Nah. I just lost my voice yesterday. That's it."

"Ah. Okay. I really wish I was there with you right now."

"I wish you were too, Richie. Even though it's only been 2 days, I really do miss you."

"Miss you too."

"Is that Lyssa?" I heard someone ask in the background. I couldn't help but giggle.

"Yeah." Richie responded.

"Hey Lyssa!"

"Hi Captain Kidd." I laughed.

"Anyway." Richie said.

"We have to be really careful about what we say with the band around."

"Yeah. I know." I could hear a door shut.

"Did Jon just leave?"

"Yeah."

"Ah. Okay. You alone now?"

"Yeah."

"I love you, Richie. I really do."

"I love you too, Lyss."

"I know it's not for a while, but when's your next break?"

"Um ... August. We get August 20th, 21st, and 22nd off. That's it until February. We get the 7th and 8th off, but we have to go from Santiago, Chile to Monterrey, Mexico. Perform there February 9th and 10th. Then we get the 11th through 15th off, but we have to go from Monterrey to Guadalajara. That's our last concert."

"Damn. How is everyone?"

"Tired. Ready to go home."

"I understand. How are things between you guys?" It was silent for a few moments.

"Not so good."

"What's going on?"

"Everybody's getting really frustrated. Everybody's getting really nasty towards each other. We've had a few verbal fights. Jon's majorly sick. He has a fever. His voice is raw. Nobody really talks to anyone much anymore. It's getting tense as Hell around here."

"That's not good."

"No. Not at all."

"I hope everything gets better for you."

"I hope it does too. Hey. I have to go. We have rehearsals in about an hour. I'll call you when I get back tonight after the concert."

"Okay. I love you, Richie."

"Love you too, Lyss."