I Love You

"I hate you. I HATE YOU ALL. You're all so, so... IGNORANT!" Y/N laughed, a crazed look in her eye. "You can't even tell a HYDRA agent when she's right in front of your face!" Reaching for a knife from the kitchen counter, she dented and cracked the granite counter top with a touch of her finger, the power of her anger just building her strength. Throwing the knife to the side, she smirked as it buried up to the hilt into Tony's thigh. He screamed and she relished the sound of his pain. 

"Tony!" Bruce forgot about how he had been sick for the past two weeks, he forgot about Wanda lying dead in the bed she had occupied next to him, he forgot about Vision being on a mission somewhere in the world where he couldn't help, he forgot about how he felt like they were all going to die, he had just seen his friend throw a knife at his other friend. He ripped the knife out and applied pressure to the wound. Tony screamed again, unlike other times, no one on the team commented that he screamed "like a girl".

Hype picked up a fist-sized chunk of the granite counter and threw it with deadly aim. 

Bruce's skull made a sickening crunch before he crumpled to the ground. Steve's eyes widened, then he threw his shield at Hype. She caught it like it was a frisbee, crushing it between her palms. He gaped at the mangled piece of metal that crashed to the ground. The white star seemed to mock Captain America from its place on the floor.

"You... You... He's dead. YOU KILLED HIM." Natasha screeched, whirling around and running toward Hype. She threw a punch at Y/N's face, which she caught, crushing the bones in Nat's hand. Natasha yelped as Y/N pulled her close by her now shattered hand. 

"I know." Y/N smiled, her head cocked to one side. She grabbed Natasha's neck and crushed the vertebrae. Nat's eyes rolled back.

Thor tried to sneak up behind Y/N, but to no avail; her heightened senses felt him. She swung around and landed a punch on his jaw that threw him across the room and into a wall with a crack of his bones. 

All the while, Pietro stood, he had been shackled to the floor with titanium by Y/N, watching all of these events with horror plastered onto his features. He pulled on the chains again. His Y/N? The girl he had come to love after the pain of HYDRA? The girl who was afraid that she would hurt anybody? Was it fake? She said that he didn't want to see her angry. That she was crazed. Insane even.

But insane was an understatement for the look in Y/N's eyes.

This was psychotic.

Murderous.

That's what she told him she was.

"I'm murderous Pietro. I kill for fun. I'm a monster." Hype buried her face into his chest.

"Y/N, you're not a monster." He murmured, stroking her H/L hair. 

How wrong he had been.

Y/N reached down and ripped apart the crumpled vibranium shield by her feet into two razor sharp pieces. She threw one with deadly accuracy, its serrated edge cutting into Thor's heart. Hype stepped toward the Captain, who stepped back. She clutched the vibranium knife in her hand, slicing open the skin. She grit her teeth and smiled as she walked past the incapacitated Tony, reaching down and slicing open his jugular, leaving him to bleed out. 

"Y/N, stop this!" Pietro yelled, trying to get through the haze that had surrounded Hype's mind. She ignored him.

"Captain," Steve stepped back, matching her pace toward him with backwards steps until he was pressed up against the window. "I'd like to thank you for convincing Fury I was a good person, it really helped me get here." Y/N could hear his heartbeat thundering in his chest. As well as something else.

She heard the arrow coming from a mile away. Clint's eyes widened as his exploding arrow came barreling back toward him, caught and thrown by Hype. I'm sorry Laura, I love you. He closed his eyes and breathed out as the red and orange fire overtook him. 

"Oh god," Steve breathed as he watched another one of his friends die.

"NO! No... Please... Y/N, stop, you have the power to stop." Pietro stared through the tears that blurred his vision. He was pulling on his chains, trying to save the one person left. 

"I know." Y/N smiled, and pushed Steve out of the 82nd floor window, glass framing his falling form. There was no way that he could've survived. Pietro's heart wrenching screams tore through Y/N's haze. She hated to see him in tears. She worriedly looked over. "Are you hurt? Are you okay?" Somehow, after killing everyone Pietro knew and loved, Y/N still asked him if he was okay. 

"I'm not okay, I... You just killed all of my friends, your friends! My sister... You! I can't believe I ever loved you." Pietro broke down, his knees hitting the floor as sobs wracked his body. 

"You know, I meant what I said. I do love you, but I told you, my love is dangerous. So I was merciful and let you live the longest, but I have to kill you or else I'll die too, and all humans have a bit of self preservation in them, but hey! It's not like I can call myself human anymore, I have killed all of the people who cared, I might just throw myself off this building!" Y/N started laughing; the laugh of someone in over their head, the laugh of someone who had wrenched themselves off the hinges that kept them sane. Pietro shook his head back and forth, trying to get the rants of insanity that came from his love's mouth out of his mind.

"I tried to stay sane as long as I could but the deadline just kept creeping closer, leaping over every hurdle I put in its path, not everything is possible you know." Y/N had retrieved the knife from her boot and was twirling it around her fingers, pacing in front of Pietro. "I'm just glad you didn't suspect, I mean, it was nice to be normal for a bit, nice to have someone you love love you back." She sheathed the knife and pulled the gun from its holster. "It was nice for you to stay clueless."

Bang.