37- A Day With Virgil

(Emily and Virgil)

(Emily and Virgil)

Emily woke up with Mu pressed against her legs and Virgil laying on her body pillow pressed against her as he watched TV. She sat up and noticed her husband was missing and she sighed. Typical, she thought as she shook her head always disappearing and appearing without warning or a note of any kind. I would like to know where he goes and stuff and it hurts when he does this. She looked down at Virgil and sighed as she ran her fingers through his soft baby hair. Since Rod died and Dante left he was never the same. He never goes outside to play with the horses, never plays with his toys, doesn't eat much, and doesn't talk much anymore. He had to watch his older half brother murdered and his older brother leave and it hurt Emily to watch him not be the same as he once was and slowly close up. He loved his older brothers and looked up to him but one was gone and the other didn't want to see him at all. Emily got up out of bed and started the daily routine.
1) Getting cleaned up and dressed
2) Eating something and checking the horses and feeding Mu and Virgil
3) Fighting with Virgil to get him dressed
4) Finally getting him dressed and out the door by 10:30

When she arrived at the store she put Virgil in the cart and hands him the list of things needed to buy.
"Momma," Virgil piped up. "Why can't Mu come to the store with us?" He asked as he looked up at his mom
"Because dogs aren't allowed in stores," Emily responded as she put some stuff in the cart.
"That's dumb. Dogs should be allowed everywhere," Virgil said as he watched his mom. "Can I get some candy when we are done?"
She smiles at her son. "I will think about it." She said as she moved them to the next isle. This continued for 30 minutes before she got everything she needed and checked out. After that she took Virgil to lunch before taking the groceries home and putting them away.
"Virgil, wanna go to the park?" She asked her son who was on the ground with Mu as the two played with a chew toy.
"Can Mu come?" He asked looking up at his mom who nodded in agreement. He got up and grabbed the leash and clipped it to the German Shepherd before following his mom outside. Before he left he grabbed his skateboard Dante gave to him as a present for him and tried to teach him how to skate. Standing on it he let Mu pull him all the way to the park with Em close by of course. When they arrived they went to the skate park and she helped Virgil skate a bit before going to the playground, Mu always close by Em and watching his charge carefully. As the sun began to go down Emily carried a tired Virgil home with a tired German Shepherd carrying the skate board in his mouth as he stayed close to Em. When she got home she made Virgil a sandwich and gave him a bath before putting him to bed and sitting on the couch to watch TV.
"Another day here and gone. Right, Mu?" Emily asked as she looked at her sleeping German Shepherd. "Good boy." She smiled as she sipped her water as she watched TV.