Chapter 110

April 16, 1956

Jackie was confused, what did Marilyn Monroe have to do with anything? But Jack she felt would make sense in the end, so she listened.

He was silent for a time before he slammed his fist on the table and sighed before starting to talk.

"Richard Wigglesworth, damn him, he's in the house of representatives, anyways I was in my office, looking over some paperwork, pretty normal right?" he looked at her as if asking for reasurrence.

Jackie quickly nodded and Jack continued to talk.

"I hate that man. He came into my office all smug and smiles and I asked him what the hell he was grinning about."

"Jack language!" Jackie chided, despite Bella being asleep Jackie didn't want Jack getting used to swearing with children in the house, that would never turn out well.

Jack rolled his eyes before continuing,"Anyways he just kept grinning until I hit him with a book-"

"Jack!" Jackie said in an attempted scolding voice, it didn't work she wanted to burst out laughing and a giggle escaped.

Jack grinned briefly before his frown came back,"He glared at me then and he told me that I had five missed calls from Marilyn Monroe and he apparently picked the phone up and hell he said he'll blackmail me for what she said!"

"Jack!" Jackie cried.

Jack took a deep breath and sat there for a second.

"What did she say?" Jackie asked after a long and awkward silence, curiosity getting the better of her.

"She said,'Is Mr. Kennedy there?' and Wiggleson put on a fake accent the little-"
Jackie glared at him and he stopped,"Wiggleson pretended to be me, he said,'Yes this is him.' and Monroe said 'Hey handsome meet me at the bar on the other side of town to have some fun.'" Jack was fuming now and Jackie felt anger rising up in her too.

"Jack, answer me straight. Did you cheat on me with Monroe?" Jackie asked, she didn't want to imagine Jack doing something like that but the way Monroe had talked made all things have to be put into consideration.

Jack looked taken aback, angry and hurt,"Jackie of course I didn't I only love you. Don't you know that? Why else would I be telling you this?"

Jackie hugged Jack and muttered,"I'm sorry, I just had to make sure I never thought that you would do something like that but..."

Jack broke her off with a kiss and Jack returned it with vigor, she loved Jack Kennedy and nobody, not even famous actress Marilyn Monroe was going to take him from her.