Chapter 114

October 26, 1956

Jack awoke to the smell of bacon. He smiled and looked at the ceiling. Jackie.

What he had done to deserve her he would never know.

He got out of bed and realized.

Oh darn.

He had an interview today.

Jack sighed, that meant looking nice.

He hated looking nice, Jack was usually a casual person when it came to clothes, at Choate and other prestigus high class schools that required strict uniforms, crisp shirts, perfectly tied ties, shiny shoes... you get the idea.

Jack though, he'd wear his tie around his neck, his shoes would be smeared with dirt and mud, his shirt buttons would be unbuttoned, his hair uncombed.

He had a reason to look good though, not just for his snooty teachers, he had to have an impression on the people, he didn't want people to think he was a slacker, he wasn't one. Despite what people said, half of the reasons people thought that he was lazy was due to his back, which sometimes was so bad he couldn't get out of bed to go to work.

After taking a shower, and combing his hair Jack was fairly ready, he was going to put his suit on after breakfast so it wouldn't get dirty, despite his mother's desperate attempts to teach him to get all the food in his mouth by some unknown power he somehow could get choclate pudding on his forehead when he hadn't even touched it yet.

After taking his morning dose of meds he went downstairs to the probable cold bacon.

He saw Jackie with Bella, she was reading a book to their daughter.

He leaned against the doorframe and smiled at his family. And his mother said he'd never settle.

Jackie looked up from the book she was reading and smiled at Jack.

"Hi." she said softly.

"Dada." Arabella spoke, she naturally had a soft voice like her mother's, it wasn't loud and obnoxious like Jack's could be.

"We've been invited to Hyannis for Thanksgiving." Jackie said.

"Really? Would've thought they're at Palm Beach by now."

Jackie shrugged.

Bella reached for her father and Jack grinned as he took her from Jackie's arms.

"Dada." his daughter said again, pulling on his hair.

Jack laughed,"Bella you need to realize that hurts."

Bella smiled innocently at him.

"She gets it from you." Jack said to Jackie.

"Look whose talking." Jackie replied.

Jack laughed and placed Bella back in her mother's arms.

"So. Where's that cold bacon?"