The letter I should've sent

I want to help, but I don't know how to fix things.

I wish I could empathize, but I don't know what you're going through and I'm not going to pretend like I know the full extent of the pain you've been caused.

However, I do know that the pain will fade; it may never truly go away, but it won't always be like this.

I'm sure you've been told plenty of times that "things will get better" and "one day you'll get over this". You will most likely never "get over this", but that's okay. It's a part of your history and it's not something easily forgotten. However, it is in the past.

You've been so strong for so long and not only are you a survivor, but you are also a fighter. Your strength may wear thin but it so important for you to try and keep fighting. I need you to know that this isn't a war fought alone. You have so many friends that love and care for you and will always be here to support you.

If you ever need someone to talk to, or even just a shoulder to cry on, know that I am here for you and I will never ever give up on you.

It's time to take the road to recovery and I will be there every step of the way to make sure that you make it through.

I love you (in a friendly or more sisterly way) and I don't know what I would do if you left this life too soon.