Chapter 1

A/N Read the note in the description before you start, pretty please? :)
And by the way, imagine that this is happening before Lilly decided to go all wild on Ambrose. I like it when things are slow and especially when Sir Rob writes them. :")

Ambrose's P.O.V.

My mind wandered off to the past few months with the ifrit. It was nearly impossible for me to keep referring to her as 'Mr. Linton'. But I could keep myself from showing that weakness. It was a good thing that I have trained myself.

There were files spread across my table, but I didn't have a clue what they were about.

I couldn't keep her out of my mind. When she was around, I was able to focus on my work. When she wasn't, I kept wondering where she was or what she was doing. Goddamn it.  I had a self built empire in front of me and more than enough wealth. But in her presence, I felt complete.

This had to stop. I cannot have my mind busy thinking about a female.

My thoughts were interrupted when the office door opened and Lilly entered.

"Good Morning, Mr. Ambrose, sir."

My heart beats fastened. Her tailcoat was clearly doing a bad job covering her feminity. Someone who was not aware of her identity, could easily think of her as a young boy, which was something that seemed ridiculous to me now.

"Morning, Mr. Linton. Bring me file 36X743." I somehow managed to say.

She smiled, which was not something that she normally did when I asked her to bring random files, but that was not what bothered me.

The smile was not genuine, at all.

"Right away, sir."

She turned around abruptly.

"Mr. Linton? You are pretending to look happier than usual." I stated.

"I'm not pretending. I'm fine. Nothing is wrong." She said, turning back and folding her arms across her chest.

Clearly a defensive posture.

"You are very well aware that I do not appreciate lying, Mr. Linton."

"Sir, as long as I am here, I really am happy. I wasn't lying."

What? No. She didn't mean that as 'as long as she is with you'.

"I can say that something is not right. You have to tell me."

She sighed, clearly frustrated.

"I'm getting engaged. Happy?" She snapped.

No.

"Again?" I asked coolly, not showing the frustration that was building up inside me. This wasn't the first time she was forced into these kind of things. Besides... besides...oh never mind.

"Yes, sir. My aunt introduced me to someone yesterday. He is a very good man. Rich, handsome and sweet. But I do not intend to get married now, to anyone at all." Her voice lowered.

Was it jealousy that I felt? Did Lilly just praise a man? Who was he?

"Tell him that." I said coldly.

But my head was reeling with all the horrible possibilities.

She was going to get married. She will belong to someone who is not me.

No! God no! I can't lose her. I won't.
I am Rikkard Ambrose.

"Yes sir. This is my life after all. So I will do it. I just don't know how."

"Don't think about it while working. I don't want employees with wandering minds." I said, wanting to keep her mind off of it. But I doubted if that actually did the purpose.

"Yes sir. I shall bring the file you asked for, sir."

It was the first time in a very long period that she had not replied to me with sarcasm even after an hour passed since she reached here.

I nodded.

She left my office. I could not help but have a feeling that there was more to this than she knew.

Involuntarily, my hands reached to the file containing the details of my personal secretary, which I have never opened once before. Her recruitment was not something pleasant for me to do at first.

Name: Victor Linton
Age:  19
D.O.B: 4th January 1838.

Lord! The 4th was exactly a week from today.

She opened my office door again, entering with the file in her hands. I closed the one in mine immediately and stuffed it back to it's place.

"Here it is, sir."

I should look more into this, or else I might go insane. Because honestly Lilly, I missed your smile today.

Something that I would never admit.

I couldn't believe it. The little ifrit had been challenging my cold thoughts, numb feelings and limited muscular movements ever since the day she set her foot here.

The work hours came to an end and she left without saying much.

"Karim!" I called to my large friend.

▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪

Continue if you haven't slept yet! :')
Hugs,
F.