An Amazing Insight Into The Prayers Of Apostle Paul

A brief study of Apostle Paul's prayers reveals an amazing spiritual insight. Christians would continue to grow spiritually (become spiritually mature), if we prayed like the Apostle Paul. In his letters to the churches, Paul prayed more for their spiritual needs than their material needs. Historic Christianity is incessantly under attack. These attacks are intended to destroy a sincere Christian. Hence sincere Christians require greater spiritual strength to overcome the attacks of Satan.

We can grow spiritually, if only we ask (pray) for it. If we pray more for our spiritual needs, we would be spiritually stronger Christians.

As you read the prayers of the Apostle Paul, I pray that you would be filled with a burning desire to pray more for your spiritual needs than your material needs. The following compilation of his prayers is from the website of the Regent University.1

PRAYERS OF THE APOSTLE PAUL, TOPICALLY ARRANGED

(NASB unless otherwise noted)1.) FOR GODLY LIVING:

-- 2 Cor. 13:7 "Now we pray to God that you do no wrong; not that we ourselves may appear approved, but that you may do what is right...."

-- 2 Cor. 13:9 (NIV) "...and our prayer is for your perfection."

-- Phil. 1:9-11 "And this I pray...that you may approve the things that are excellent, in order to be sincere and blameless until the day of Christ."

-- Col. 1:9-10 "...we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will...so that you may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects...."

-- 1 Thes. 3:12-13 "...may the Lord cause you to increase and abound in love for one another, and for all men...so that He may establish your hearts unblamable in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus...."

-- 1 Thes. 5:23 (NIV) "May God Himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints."

-- 2 Thes. 1:11 (NIV) "With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may coun you worthy of His calling, and that by His power He may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith."

-- 1 Tim. 2:1 "First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, in order that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity."
2.) FOR MINISTRY OPPORTUNITY AND SUCCESS:

-- Rom. 1:9-11 "For God...is my witness as to how unceasingly I make mention of you, always in my prayers making request, if perhaps now at last by the will of God I may succeed in coming to you. For I long to see you in order that I may impart some spiritual gift to you, that you may be established."

-- Rom. 15:30-31 "Now I urge you, brethren...to strive together with me in your prayers to God for me, that I may be delivered from those who are disobedient in Judea, and that my service for Jerusalem may prove acceptable to the saints...."

-- Eph. 6:19 "...and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of mymouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel...."

-- Col. 1:10 (NIV) "And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord...bearing fruit in every good work...."

-- 1 Thes. 3:10 (NIV) "Night and day we pray most earnestly that we may see you again and supply what is lacking in your faith."