Chapter 23: Back To Old Times

The next day Brennan was running a little late for work.

"Hurry up sweetheart." Brennan told Kate who immediately came running towards her mother with a pair of ballet shoes in her hands.
"Mommy I wanna wear these." Kate said.
Brennan helped Kate put on her ballets that's when she heard a knock on the door.
Brennan opened the door and saw Booth smirking.
"Come on mama Bones we are running late!" Booth said as he stepped in.
"Booth what are yo—" Brennan was about to ask but that's when...
"Supa-maaaan!" Kate shouted and ran towards him.
Booth bent down to catch Kate just in time before she could trip over her own legs.
"Hello missy. Good morning." Booth said and kissed her forehead.
"Booth what are you doing here?" Brennan asked.
"I've come to pick you up now hurry up I don't have time." Booth said and walked towards the elevator with Kate in his arms.
Brennan locked the apartment quickly and followed them.

"Oh I forgot Kate's lunch!" Brennan said as they were nearing the daycare.
"It's okay Bones take her out for lunch once." Booth said looking at Kate from the rearview mirror in sleeping in the baby seat.
"It's not like I have any other choice." Brennan said.

Booth was very happily doing his work that's when Sweets came in his office.
"Booth how are you holding up?" Sweets asked.
"What?" Booth asked.
"You are going through a lot I understand. First your partnership and now Hannah. But I just want you to know that I'm here for–" Sweets said but Booth interrupted him.
"Woah slow down there buddy. I and Bones are back. Okay. I just sent in a request to annul the dissolution. So you don't need to worry about me. And as for Hann—" Booth said but his phone started to ring.
"Booth." He said answering the phone.
"Yes of course... No problem Bones. Don't worry so much. I will pick her up and take her for lunch. No soft drinks. Okay. I know Bones! I am a father since eight years. More experienced. I can certainly take good care of Kate... Okay. Bye." Booth said inside the phone and then hung up.
Sweets raised his eyebrows and then questioned him, " So have you met Dr. Brennan's daughter?"
Booth was little hurt with the knowledge that Sweets knew Kate before he did. But he didn't show the hurt.
"Yep. And the lab's on lockdown so I'm taking Kate out for lunch." Booth said and headed out of the office.

Please review was really upset when there was no response for the last chapter

A/N Hi please leave comments and vote for this chapter. Check out my other book too! You can support me on Patreon too. Link in profile. Thanks