Heaven

Emily woke to the smell of bacon and eggs, with what smelt of heaven. "Chocolate!" Emily exclaims and opens her eyes to find herself in a big king size bed, a bed side table either side of the bed, one with a tray of bacon, egg and toast with chocolate sauce in a small bowl. She grabs the tray and nibbles at the hot bacon. She notices some clothes hanging over a chair with a sign on it. Finishing her bacon piece, she stands on her feet and makes her way towards the chair, taking in her surroundings. The roof was high enough to be a double story building, with floor to ceiling windows and 3 lots of double doors. the chair with the clothes is around a small rectangular low table with a beautiful red rug underneath it. She picks up the note and reads aloud, "I will take you shopping today, sorry, these are the only clothes I have spare. I will be in the gym if you need me. Bane." Emily places down the note and grabs the clothes, starting towards one of the double doors. Opening the door opposite to the bed, she saw a sink with a counter either side, around a curve was a double shower and double bath in the shape of a heart. two walls with an opening in the middle lead to the toilet, which was sparkling clean. Emily started the shower and stripped naked. The warm water felt like heaven on her aching body. She looked through all of the shampoos. "Apple and cinnamon, lotus, mango for curls, bubblegum for colours." Emily took hold of the orange bottle that was meant for curly hair. She rubbed in the shampoo to her hair, the water stinging her face as the shampoo seeped into her wound.

      The clothes smelt of roses, although they looked far from roses. She was dressed in a black long shirt with brown pants and black combat boots.  She walked out of the double doors, furthest away from the bed. She stalked the halls, looking through each door, finally finding the gym door. She pushes it open and walks towards Bane, sitting on the edge of the weights bed. "I hope the clothes are suitable." Bane says placing the weight on the ground and looking up to Emily. Noticing the open wound he said,  "Here, let me fix that." He led her back down the hall and through another door, with another bed and three lots of double doors. The bathroom they walked into was identical to the one she had first found in her room. She sat on top of the counter so she was eye height with Bane. He pulled out a cotton ball and placed in warm water for a brief moment, before dabbing it lightly onto Emily's wound. Bane catches Emily's eye and pushes a curl behind her ear. "So I see you went for the curly shampoo," Bane said letting out a small laugh, before clearing his throat and looking around nervously. Emily holds his head in her hands.

"Laughing is not a sin Bane," Emily says, kissing banes forehead. Bane looks back into Emily's eyes and starts to walk off.

"Emily, I can't."

"Why?" Emily runs in front of Bane stopping him in his tracks. "Are you not to have any fun? Are you not to feel joy?" Emily asks, her emotions running wild.

"Emily, I just can't." Emily can't hold back her emotions.

"That's not right! Someone with such pain in his past is not allowed to let that go?" Tears streaming down Emily's face made Bane tear up.

"How do you know about my past?" Bane asked quietly, placing both hands on Emily's arms.

"I can see it in your eyes, in the way you walk and the way you talk. In the way you pitied me." Emily broke down crying. Bane took her in his arms, holding her close to him.

"You haven't a good past either, having that monster as a brother." Bane said leaning his head onto hers.

"He was not always like he is. He was sweet at one stage, he was the brother everyone wanted, but I don't know what happened." Emily looked back up to Bane. "Are you going to tell me why it is that you cannot enjoy yourself?"

"Because of my past. It was my fault my mother died, and it was my fault her mother died too." Bane looked down, ashamed.

"Who's mother?"

"I was supposed to be their protector, I messed everything up for them, and now I have lost her, I can't protect her."

"Who Bane?"

"Talia al Gol"