⊳ FOUR

          7:30am the next day, talia was back at home eating her breakfast and catching up on some orphan black before she left to go to school. after she finished her breakfast she ran upstairs and changed into her outfit for the day. she decided to go simple and wear a slightly cut up maroon shirt with short sleeves, black ripped jeans and her black and white vans. she left her hair in her usual beachy waves and quickly brushed her teeth before grabbing her bag and keys and left to go to school. once she arrived at school, she parked and jogged through the crowds of kids, slowing down once she was inside. as she walked to her locker, she saw emma and kieran talking. she put in her code and grabbed her books for the day and walked over to them, tuning into what emma was talking about.

"the way he looked at me, i wanted to cry, but i also got really angry." emma confessed before feeling a gust of air and turned her head to see talia. they both said hi and hugged each other, talia asking her if she was okay and emma nodded. "that's probably natural, right? that's a lot of history there." kieran suggested and talia nodded. "i can't relate, but you and your family have been through a lot." she said looking at emma. emma looked back at her and sadly smiled. "i don't know. i think when audrey went all doom and gloom on me this morning, she really got into my head." emma admitted and sighed, crossing her arms. talia looked at her confused. "audrey knows?" she asked her and emma huffed. "yeah. i think something's up with her."

kieran looked back and forth between them while sorting out his locker. "it's also audrey, it's hard to tell. you think your dad will stick around?" he asked, staring at emma when he asked her. "i have no idea. he doesn't exactly have the most reliable track record."

"my dad left us when i was little. if he showed up now, i'd probably punch him in the teeth." a voice scared talia and she spun around. "oh my god!" she shouted, realising it was only eli.

"hey, fight club. not cool." kieran said, shaking his head. eli looked down and sighed, talia feeling a little bit sorry for him. "you were listening to all that?" emma asked, talia still looking at eli.

"eli and his dad have a complicated relationship," kieran shut his locker and faced emma and talia. she turned her attention to kieran, listening in although watching eli from the corner of her eyes, catching him unplug his headphones from his phone and putting his phone in his pocket. "and eli's crazy." talia looked straight back to kieran, his eyes already watching her.

"i get it. i definitely wanted to hit my dad when he left. i was little, but i was so angry." emma turned to eli, agreeing with how he felt towards dads who just up and left. talia joined in, deciding to open up. "i'd love to punch my dad. i mean, i've never met him or even know his name, but i hate him for never even bothering to get in contact with me." she revealed, eli staring at her but she didn't realise.

that doesn't sound like you, emma. but talia, a little bit. i've got to cram for my lit exam." kieran gave emma a peck and began to walk away. "pda in the hallway. it's adorable." eli said sarcastically, talia looking down to hide her grin. "don't you have like everything to sign up for? first day? you got a lot to do?" kieran went at eli, clearly not enjoying his company, unlike talia. "it-it is my first day. i don't know where everything is, okay? the cafeteria-"