⊳ EIGHT

eli and talia were walking down the road, their hands entwined together as the wind blew against them gently

          eli and talia were walking down the road, their hands entwined together as the wind blew against them gently. they had been walking for a good 20 minutes, not in any rush to leave each other.

"can we go back to yours?" talia asked shyly, biting her lip. eli looked at her with a confused look and raised his eyebrows. "why?" he questioned, and talia looked at the floor as her hair fell over her face.

"i just wanna spend some more time with you. plus, the weather is decent enough for us to sit outside on the porch with a blanket." talia smiled slightly at him and playfully nudged his shoulder while eli laughed. he eyed her in the corner of his eyes as she pouted, deciding to mess with her a little. "please, please, please." she begged him. playfully, he shrugged his shoulders and looked away from her, trying to hide the smile on his face. talia tugged on his hand, whining before he turned his head back to her and laughed.

"oh course we can, you're cute when you beg." eli said, a smirk pulling the ends of his lips causing talia to scoff and hit him gently. "ooh! can we take cute pictures and videos too?"

eli chuckled and nodded his head, tightening his hand with talia's as she grinned. he watched her from the corner of his eyes as she beamed with happiness, his heart thumping heavily and quickly at the sight of her smile. even though the night was ruined, they were going to make up for it and eli was happy he was spending his time with someone who he truly liked and loved to be around. a few minutes later, they arrived at eli's. he opened the front door and walked straight over to the cupboard where talia's favourite blanket was. he walked back outside where talia was sat and threw it on top of her, engulfing her in whole.

"hey!" she whined, her voice quiet and muffled from being hidden beneath the blanket. eli laughed at her and pulled the blanket off, her hair flying in every direction causing him to laugh even harder. talia watched him laugh, the corners of his eyes crinkling. she didn't care that he was laughing at her because his smile was something that made her incredibly happy and she always loved to see. she grabbed his arm and yanked him onto the porch chair as eli leant against the arm rest. she opened up the blanket and draped it across her, slowly shifting over towards eli and leaning against his front and against his chest. she pulled the blanket up and covered every inch of hers and eli's body before snuggling into him and sighing.

they sat there together quietly, the peaceful noise of birds chirping and the soft sound of wind which made the atmosphere calming, something that wasn't at all common in the town of lakewood.

"the stars are amazing tonight." talia whispered, staring up at the sky at the stars with a small smile on her face. eli looked at her as she looked at the sky and smiled, his heart flailing around and an unusual feeling in his stomach that he wasn't use to. it felt weird, but it was a good weird and he only ever felt it when he was around talia.

"yeah, they are, aren't they?" eli whispered back to her. he knew the stars looked amazing, but he knew she looked even more amazing. it wasn't just her looks, she was beautiful and there was no doubt about that. but her personality was something eli was dragged in by. her selflessness, her humour, her caring side, her defensive side, her love side - everything about her was something that made him so attached to her. he had never felt like this with anybody before and it scared him, he didn't know how to go about it but he was trying his best, and it seemed to be working so far. sure they had kissed a few times, but he didn't only want to kiss her. he wanted to hold her hand, he wanted to send her goodmorning and goodnight texts, he wanted to leave cute notes in her locker for her to read unexpectedly, he wanted to comfort her when she was down, he wanted to mess around with her, he wanted to do everything with her.