My Soul?

As Snowy and I played, I started to wonder about that voice and the green heart that appeared when I fought something. A few times, I was so lost in thought, Snowy had to jump at my face to bring me back. Sans was watching us, so I made it seem like it was just a part of the game.

  Papyrus said that he forgot to get something at the store and ran out. Sans then slid off the couch and next to me. "what'cha thinkin about kiddo?"  I didn't want him to notice, so I tried to act like I didn't know what he was talking about, tilting my head and giving him a confused look.

  "don't even try that. i know your wonderin about something. what is it?" I sighed and looked back at Snowy, deciding to ignore him. I didn't want him to somehow end up hating me even more. "look, maybe i can tell you the answer to whatever it is you're wondering about."

  "What is that heart that shows up when I'm entering a *FIGHT?" Sans was the one who looked confused, but I know he knows what I'm talking about. "Sans..." He turned to face me and held his hand out in front of my chest. His hand lit up blue and he pulled his hand toward himself.

  I felt a warm sense spread through my body and the green heart was pulled out. "That didn't feel like the other times..."

  "that's because i'm being gentle." He chuckled, "of course your soul is green."

  "My... Soul...?" Sans nodded and looked at me. "this is your soul. it is the very culmination of your being. when you enter a *FIGHT, it shows up for monsters to attack."

  "And when that happens it's over, huh? They just attck untill you die."

  "no, you can dodge their attacks. if you concentrate really hard, you can move your soul around." I concentrated, but it didn't move. I squeezed my eyes shut and thought of the green heart moving. When I opened them, the heart was gone. Sans pointed, an I saw that it had moved to the other side of the room.

  "Did I do that?!" Sans nodded and told me to bring it back in front of me. "now, your soul's color depends on your main personality trait. light blue is patience, dark blue is integrity. purple is perserverance, orange, bravery. yellow's justice, green's kindness, and red is... determination."

  "So, my main personality trait is Kindness?" Sans nodded and as I thought about it, it was true. I'm kind to everyone I meet, no matter what happens. "What your soul color Sans?"

  "well, you see kiddo, my soul doesn't really have a color. monsters have souls that are white and upside down." I tilted my head, cofused at this information, "But monsters have main personality traits. Why can't they have colors?"

  "i don't know why. it's always been that way though. humans have colorful hearts and monsters have upside down and empty ones."

  "Well, all of the monsters I've met are really nice, so I think an upside down white heart should be the best you can have." 

  "and what would that be, huh? kindness is already taken by green."

  "Love!" Sans looked a bit shocked by my response, but he was then spaced out. "yeah... love."