Caught

Lance got caught, Blue is trying to calm him, and the Galras really need to work on their hospitality.

00000000000000000000000000000000

Lance is screwed. So so screwed.

I mean, sure he stumbled a few times here and there but hey! As long as everyone makes it out alive and in one piece, then he has nothing to complain. Except, maybe the bruises and superficial wounds he got but that’s just the price he has to pay for his incompetence so there’s that.

Still, he has never, in all his life, ended up in a situation where he is definitely screwed. Except that one time when he stole his mom’s money to buy that super cool toy he had been eying when he was a kid but that is a story for another time. Anyway, his current situation is something that’s worth to be at the top of his “Shit I would NOT like to be in” list. Being in a lecture from his mom comes in second in that list by the way. His mom is THAT scary.

“Shut up!” a galra guard shouted, slamming his weapon against Lance’s cell, surprising the teen. Whoops, he must’ve been rambling out loud again. He always does that whenever he’s nervous.

“Sorry, mi amor, but I can’t do that right now. Being loud is a part of my identity. And I know you like it,” Lance winked at the guard, earning another jarring noise of his cell being slammed at. “Jeez, someone missed his morning coffee,” Lance grumbled under his breath as he rubbed his ringing ears, or tried to since his hands are cuffed to the back. Rude much?

Nevertheless, Lance complied and quietly sat in a corner furthest from the bars, swallowing back a cry of pain when he accidently jostled his wounded shoulder. Lance wondered if…

“Quiznack!” he hissed when he tried to move his shoulder. Yeah, definitely broken.

Groaning, Lance adjusted his position until he was comfortable enough. Or as comfortable as anyone with a broken arm and shoulder can be.

“Blue,” he whispered, wincing at how rough his voice had sounded.

"My paladin. You are hurt." The Blue Lion replied, worry evident in her tone.

Lance sent out the feeling of comfort and love to his Lion, assuring that he is fine. Of course, there’s a downside to having a partner who can see and feel what he feels. And that downside had caused him to earn an image of an unamused Blue projected in his mind. Don’t ask him how a giant robotic lion could look unamused, he’s still trying to figure that out.

"My paladin, you are rambling again." Blue pointed out. Whoops.

“Sorry Blue. I can’t help it.” Lance chuckled. That turned out to be a bad move since it jostled his injured shoulder again and also opening up some other wounds he was sure he didn’t have earlier.

"My paladin! You are gravely injured!" Blue roared. "I will come and save you!"

“NO!” Lance gasped out. “Blue, you can’t! Don’t put down your barrier!”

"But my paladin!"

“You promised, Blue! You promised you won’t put it down no matter what! You promised!” Lance half-shouted frantically. “I don’t want Zarkon to get you! Please!”

For a few ticks, Lance could hear nothing but his heart, pounding frantically against his ribcage. He was just about to apologize to Blue when he felt her rumbling, worry and relunctance filling his chest. "Understood, my paladin." Blue rumbled in dissatisfaction.

Lance smiled at that, already imagining a pouting child like how his little brothers and sisters do when they didn’t get something they wanted. Another rumble from Blue added with slight annoyance had made Lance chuckle softly. He sent out his love and appreciation to his Lion, happy that he at least had her in this awful situation.