Finally

My aching body lies on this hard bed. This bed that isn't mine but they force me on it. I know I'm dying, can't I die at home?

  I look around, a cord hooped directly under my nose tickles lightly and a few other cords hooked to me by IV.
  I watch my mother who sits on a corner staring at the floor. She's waiting for me to die. She might not live long after that. My eyes watch her sad and lost gaze wander restlessly over the plain floor.
  There's that word again. Plain. Just a plain floor. Just a plain boy. Just a plain life. A plain death.
  I watch the monitor that's tracking my heartbeat. That won't be happening much longer.
  I hear the door open and slowly move my head angular to the half opened door to see what looks like an angel step inside. My heart skips a beat and the monitor picks it up, making Braxton's attention shoot to me. His eyes are glazed over and he has bags like he hasn't slept.

  "Hey champ." He mutters softly as he sits next to me. No one has ever called me that. I look at him and give him a weak smile.
  He smiles back, his looks as weak as mine as he shifts in the seat. His hand gently holds mine and I look down and watch his long and graceful fingers intertwine with mine. I breathe heavily and watch his eyes.

  "I thought you quit school I didn't know-" he chokes slightly and looks down for a moment. His hand wipes at his face and he looks back up with a chuckle. I choke slightly as I watch his very being crumble slightly. No. Not this. You can't be hurting.
  He looks up at me and we sit together. Our eyes stay locked for what feels like centuries. He's so beautiful my god. My chest rises and falls steadily.

"Braxton.." I mumble, my voice hoarse and slightly high pitched like a females, it cracks in the middle of my word but it makes him smile.
  "Ashtyn.." he mutters softly as he brings my hand to his lips and gently presses it against them, causing my arm to light up. I gasp and watch his eyes.

  "Kiss me.." I whisper.

  His entire frame freezes, his body slowly rising and floating toward me. I close my eyes and feel his intake of breathe as his lips sit seconds away from his.

  This is it.

  Finally.