2 - The Daily Routine

"Remember, Violet, to be a trust full maid, you have to get up in time, make breakfast, knock on the lord's door and telling him you have made breakfast for him, if he don't response, go quietly inside and slowly wake him up, dress him, brush his teeth and do what he orders you, understood?"

It wasn't so hard to remember that, do as he says. I cleaned up in the kitchen and took the cart to his room. I knocked on the door three times and waited for an answer.

"My lord, it's time to wake up." I said and looked at the delicious breakfast I have made for him. Fresh biscuits along with Earl Grey Tea. I hope he will like them. No response, with no doubting, I stepped quietly inside his room and looked around, I pulled the cart after me and closed the door. Why do I sense something bad? Maybe it's just my imagination. 

"Beautiful morning, isn't it, Violet?" A small, timid voice came from the window, my eyes glued on the blonde boy, standing there and spun around to meet me.

"Morning." His happy voice disappeared and sat down on his bed. I swallowed nervously and put some tea in the cup.

"I have made you breakfast, my lord." I replied and placed the cup on the plate, giving him it. He looked at it for a while before taking it and took a sip.

"What kind of tea is it?"

"Earl Grey Tea, my lord, I didn't know, so I figured out." I responded and hid my blush, looking away from his bare stomach. His eyes got stuck on me before putting the plate down and raised his hand, I stared at him and closed my eyes, the sharp pain stung me like a bee in attack mode. I opened my eyes and started to shiver as hell.

"Idiot, you know I don't want Earl Grey Tea, go and make something else!" He said with anger in his voice. I stared at him and nodded.

"Yes, my lord, I will fix it immediately." I replied and walked to the door, but got stopped by Alois, pulling me down on to the bed.

"You deserve your punishment." He said coldly and laid his hand on my bare leg, I flinched back a little and blushed like a maniac. He grinned and pinned my wrists over my head.

"I am sorry, master, please, let go." I said in a low voice and shut my eyes. He was quiet for a moment before he stood up and sighed.

"Fine, come back with another tea, got it? If you fail, the punishment will get worse." He responded and glared at me. I nodded quickly and went down to the kitchen.

"The first mistake, brilliant." I thought for myself and prepared for another tea.

After dressing him and brushing his teeth, Alois sat in his office, worked quietly. Me, who sat on my bed and breathed out. Still, I have to do what he orders me, no hesitation, just do it. It has only gone one day already, how long am I supposed to work for him? When he gets old? I don't know. Suddenly, the bell gave a shout and I walked to his office.

"Yes, my lord?" I asked while stepping in quietly and closed the door after me. Alois laid his eyes on me before stepping up.

"Entertain me." He ordered. I stood there, dumbstruck. Entertain him? How exactly?

"H-how?"

"Do as you wish, but nothing stupid." He said and leaned back on his chair. I took a deep breath and started to sing.

"Are you going to Scarborough Fair? 
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme;
Remember me to the one who lives there,
For once she was a true love of mine.

Tell her to make me a cambric shirt,
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme;
Sewn without seams or fine needlework,
If she would be a true love of mine.

Tell her to wash it in yonder well,
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme;
Where never spring, water or rain ever fell,
And she shall be a true lover of mine.

Tell her to dry it on yonder thorn,
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme;
Which never bor blossom since Adam was born,
Then she shall be a true lover of mine.

Now he has asked me questions three,
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme;
I hope he'll answer as many for me
Before he shall be a true lover of mine.

Tell him to buy me an acre of land,
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme;
Between the salt water and the sea sand,
Then he shall be a true lover of mine.

Tell him to plough it with a ram's horn,
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme;
And sow it all over with one pepper corn,
And he shall be a true lover of mine.

Tell him to sheer't with a sickle of leather,
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme;
And bind it up with a peacosk feather.
And he shall be a true lover of mine.

Tell him to thrash it on yonder wall,
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme;
And never let one corn of it fall,
Then he shall be a true lover of mine.

When he has done and finished his work.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme;
Oh, tell him to come and he'll have his shirt,
And he shall be a true lover of mine." 

Alois looked at me with face, full of surprise.

"That...was...amazing." he exclaimed and shook my hand.

"Very well, Violet, you know tomorrow, we are gonna have a party, with guests, food and everything, and I was wondering over one thing. What about if you can perform this to everyone? He asked and was very excited. I flinched back a little and looked at the side.

"Everyone? But I have never sung before in front of people before." I replied and saw how his face turned into betrayal.

"Fine, if you deny, there will not be a reward for you, you miss that chance, you know?" He grinned teasingly and looked at me with his turquoise eyes. I hesitated for moment before responding.

"Okay, fine then, when shall this party be held and when?" I asked curiously and knotted my hands. Alois suddenly started to laugh and shook his head.

"Idiot, it's gonna be held here and the party is gonna start around half past nine." He replied and smiled. Suddenly, someone knocked on the big door and Alois looked at me again.

"Go and see who it is." He ordered, I obeyed and walked down to the big door. When I opened the door, I spotted a red-haired guy with almost sloppy clothes.

"And you are?" I asked when he bowed in front of me.

"Pleasure to meet you, Violet, my name is Grell Sutcliffe, a grim reaper, who has un-finished business with Alois Trancy." He grinned and held up a chainsaw.

So what do you think? :3 Anyway, a fun fact: To be very, very honest here, I looked at Alois' birthday and guess what? He is also born in 5th november xD Yeah, but anyway, take care cx