Tuesday

As Lindsey drives Bobby and Tyler to school this morning, Bobby and Peter text each other.

7:04 A.M.
Peter: So...you got any advice that'll help me get Lily to go out with me?

Bobby: How would I know what to do?

Peter: You're smart. I figured you'd just know.

Bobby: ...be yourself, I guess?

7:05 A.M.
Peter: I've "been myself" my whole freakin' life. Where has THAT gotten me?

Bobby: Alone and crying while scarfing down ice cream with a shovel.

Peter: Haha.

Peter: But seriously.

Peter: I need help.

Peter: Please.

Tyler, having heard Bobby's phone notification sound four times in ten seconds, looks over at him.

"Who's texting you like crazy?" Tyler asks.

"P...Peter." Bobby answers.

"What does he want?" Tyler asks.

Bobby shows Tyler the texts.

"With a shovel?" Tyler laughs, which makes Bobby laugh.

"What's going on back there?" Lindsey asks, glancing at them in the mirror.

"Peter's got a crush on someone and he's asking Bobby for advice." Tyler answers.

"Tell him to just be himself." Lindsey suggests.

"Ugh, that's such a mom answer." Tyler says. "And Bobby already told him that. He's saying it doesn't work."

7:06 A.M.
Peter: Hello?

"He needs to be confident and funny." Lindsey says.

"Yeah, tell him that." Tyler says to Bobby.

Bobby: My mom and Tyler say that you need to be confident and funny.

Peter: Well, I think I've got the funny part down, but I'm not very confident. Just thinking about her makes me nervous.

7:07 A.M.
Bobby: You gotta own it, man! Next time you see her, ask her if she'd like to go out with you. It's as simple as that...I guess.

Peter: Awww, I was with you until you said "I guess".

Peter: I'm getting advice about being confident from a guy who isn't confident in his own advice.

Peter: I. Am. Screwed.

7:08 A.M.
Bobby: You got this. If she says no, then just try to find another girl you're attracted to. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

Peter: I only see one fish.

Bobby: Well, aren't YOU a sappy bastard?

Peter: I guess so lol

7:09 A.M.
Peter: We'll talk more about this at lunch.

Bobby: You gonna ask her before then?

Peter: I don't know. Maybe.

Half an hour later...

As Bobby heads to his 1st hour speech class, Darius and Trent approach him.