Chapter 7

Naureen

I walked further into space as darkness consumed me. I felt someone's gentle hand on mine. I looked up and gasped. It was her. She was wearing a sky blue hijab and she was smiling at me.

"Do u need something?" I heard her soft voice.

"Yes please. are you-"

Before i could complete my sentence, she was thrown away from me by force.

I screamed.

suddenly her voice came again," oh dear, what should we do?-" she was stopped mid sentence agaim but this time i heard her scream.

and suddenly my eyes shot open. I gasped.

Nightmare.

Again.
It's been so long since I had one. This was my longest without nightmares.

Allah, I tried my best but it was as if my mind wouldn't listen to me and it travelled back to that fateful day.

FLASHBACK

"Noor, breakfast is ready. Come quick" aunt Shaheen called out.

"Coming Aunty, just a minute" i replied
I pressed up last pin on my hijab, took my hand bag , glanced a last time in the mirror and walked out of my room

"Assalamu alaikum, Good morning" I said as I approached the dining table.

"Walaikum assalam, dear. Did you sleep well?" Aunty asked, setting out the breakfast.

"Um..sort of " i mumbled looking at my plate.

"Why?"

"Because, batman and superman wouldn't let me sleep"I said nonchalantly.

"What? " she asked, surprised.

" Yeah, Ali was watching batman vs superman till midnight WITH full volume." I explained.

"Oh my Allah ,that boy! I tell you if he scores average marks in his examinations I am so gonna beat him up."Aunty said. She is very concerned about his grades since he is very talented Masha Allah but he is too lazy to use his brains. That's what everyone thinks about kids now a days.

"Where is he by the way" I asked.

"Oh, he is still in his dreams" she replied.

I chuckled at her reply.
Just then uncle Usman arrived for breakfast.

"Morning ladies" he said settling on the chair and rubbing his hands together.
"mhmm....breakfast smells good, what is it?" He asked opening the lid of the breakfast platter.

"Oh my! Its chicken sandwich, my fav!" I peeked and said a bit louder so Ali can hear me.

Uncle and I started whisper counting "one....two...thre-"

"Did anyone say chicken sandwich or am I hearing things?" Ali peeked through his door.

"You heard right, our monkey has sharp ears must say " I joked.

He just made a face at me and closed the door but not before yelling" Don't finish all the food, fattie. Leave some for me too"

"Well,well. look who's back." I said when he arrived at the dining after getting fresh. He gave me a playful glare and sat across me. Besides him being 18,Some times he acts like a kid. Oh, and me too.

"This is called a real breakfast. Chicken sandwich and apple juice, mum why dont you always cook breakfast like this" he said stuffing his mouth with sandwiches.