Plan is in Motion

Training Ground Seven, Konoha

The members of Team Seven were sitting together on the ground , forming a circle, while waiting for Kakashi. As usual, Kakashi was late, giving them time to reflect on things.

"Man... yesterday was embarrassing", Naruto began as Sasuke rolled his eyes, remembering what had happened yesterday with them on the Academy roof. Sai stayed quite, nodding his head in agreement, yesterday was a new experience for him. He was very embarrassed at himself as well.

"Tell me about it", Sasuke said, yesterday was embarrassing, and they had done nothing yet. " I didn't think we'd react that way after he left"

"Maybe it was a delayed effect or something after... you know", Sakura commented. Granted, she was also not proud of her actions yesterday. Sakura can be emotional at times, but she liked to think she had a little more self-control on her emotions compared to her younger-self.

"We gave Iruka-sensei a hard time yesterday...", Sasuke said, not able to stop thinking about yesterday.

"That was mostly you Sasuke", Naruto said. "You were violently murderous with the headband you stole from Iruka-sensei. You basically threatened anyone who came close to us with that thing!"

"Yes, you were very creative on your use of the headband", Sai added, sounding impressed. "I never thought of using the plate as a means to decapitate someone's head off when applied enough pressure"

"Pressure? That was just down right brutal!", Sakura exclaimed. "And you guys call me violent. That's saying something about you Sasuke-kun"

"Like you were any better Sakura, you were throwing everyone you could grab off the roof", Sasuke retorted, raising  a judgmental eyebrow at her. Sakura, blushed a little at that, not able to deny it.

"It's not like I killed them. They're ninja, a fall that high is nothing", she said,trying to defend herself. " Besides, Naruto was just crying on the ground like the world was ending! I don't see you judging him Sasuke-kun"

"Hey! At least I wasn't as bad at Sai!", Naruto shouted, pointing a finger to a confused looking Sai. Why was he dragged into this?

"What do you mean?", Sai asked, tilting his head. The others could not do anything but just stare incredulously at him.

"Seriously Sai? You were lying on the ground unresponsive with your eyes wide opened, pale as a ghost. They thought we were panicking because we accidentally killed you or something", Sakura told him.

"Good thing Kakashi-sensei came back quickly, huh? Or we might've actually killed someone yesterday", Naruto said after awhile.

"Ugh, I can't believe we kept calling him Papa-sensei in front of everyone the whole time", Sasuke continued.

"Really?", Sakura asked, a little surprised. "I kinda like calling him Papa-sensei"

"Yes, I as well. I am also partial to Naruto's version of 'Papasen'", Sai suddenly added.

"Yeah, me too", Naruto said, a small smile on his face. "Lets call him like that from now on! Papa-sensei or Papasen for short!", Naruto said, to which the others happily agreed with him, smiling at each other.

"Think he noticed?", Naruto suddenly asked, changing the subject. "That we were acting strange?"

"I'm pretty sure he has", Sasuke said, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "He did leave pretty early compared to last time. He must have reported us to the Hokage after he left"

"Well damn...", was all Naruto could say. Did they blow their own cover? "So, what now?", Naruto asked his teammates.

"I don't know... I mean, we came here without really planning anything", Sasuke said, looking over his teammates. Everyone has worried expressions on their faces.

"Well, we did came back to save Papasen... We could just do that", Sakura suggested.

"But that's not until a few more years. What are we gonna do until then?", Naruto asked.

"We'll just have to protect him as best as we can", Sasuke told them. "Even if we stop him from dying then, it doesn't mean he wouldn't die from anything else"

"Oh god...", Sakura said, turning pale, realizing what Sasuke had meant. "I never thought of that, he could die from literally anything. Things just got a lot more complicated"

"Well... at least we know whats are main goal, protect Papasen", Naruto said, he was starting to regret coming here without a plan. "Anything else?"

"How do we explain our weird behavior?", Sakura asked her teammates.

"We could just not explain it and go with it, you'd be suprised how much you can get away with stuff doing that", Naruto suggested. "Besides, Kurama did say there were side effects from time travelling. So we would definitely be a little off"

"And you didn't think to mention this to us before because?", Sasuke asked Naruto, a little annoyed that he did not tell them there would be side effects from the jutsu.

" I didn't think it would matter", Naruto shrugged it off, it was not the first time Sasuke got annoyed at him. "Its not like anything bad happened, we're just gonna be a few screws loose, that's all"

"...fine", Sasuke said, reluctantly. They were always doing crazy stuff in the past anyway, actually being crazy would not really change anything.

"Hey Sasuke-kun, do you still have your sharingan?", Sakura wondered after awhile. This surprised Sasuke, he did not actually know. He did not think to check for his sharingan yesterday, he just assumed that he still had it. So Sasuke tried to turn it on, to his relief, he still has it.

"How are we gonna explain that?", Sakura asked further. "Should we just play out it like last time?"

"Yeah, that sounds easier then making up some random lie", Sasuke agreed with a nod.

"Cool, I can bring up Kurama  there too!", Naruto added. Everyone had agreed with it, so they were going to stick with that.

"We came back all the way here just for Papasen, I remebered something", Sai finally saying something after awhile, smiling faintly at his teamamtes. "Did any of you know he liked to dance?"

"What? Really?!"

"Yes, Yamato-taichou told me during one of our missions", Sai told them. "It started after Gai-sensei challenged Papasen into a dance battle once and he came to like it. Yamato-taichou mentioned  Papasen was a prodigy in everything he does, even dancing"

"Wow, I never knew that...", Naruto said, trying to picture Kakashi dancing with Gai.

"It is not relevant to the mission, but perhaps we could spend more time with him? Get to know him better?", Sai requested to the rest of the team.

" That's a great idea Sai!", Naruto exclaimed, excitedly. "Lets make lots and lots of memories this time! All five of us!"

"We should get a camera or something, to take pictures of everything", Sakura suggested, also excited at the thought.

"Too bad smartphones won't be invented in a few more years, that would be a lot more easier", Sasuke sighed. Regretting that he left his phone in their original time.

"I can make some, if you want", Sai said to Sasuke, surprising everyone.

"You can?!", they simultaneously exclaimed.

"You forget, I am genius", Sai reminding them. "Recreating a smartphone is child's play"

Everyone excitedly made request for their phones. Sai smiled, taking down notes on his teammates requests. Sigh, it was hard being a genius sometimes...

"You're the best Sai!", then again, sometimes, it was worth it. A small smile on his lips, seeing the happy faces of his teammates. His siblings. His family. Sai decided that, yes, they were worth everything.