chapter thirteen ࿈ Last day

Albus and Scorpius wake up somberly to the sound of their alarm.

    Tomorrow is the day. They both thought simultaneously. They looked at each other, and just pulled each other into a long hug. Neither knew how long the hug was, but as soon as they pulled away Daisy was in their room with two plates of breakfast.

   "Good morning boys, how are you feeling?" Daisy asks, handing them their plates.

   "Not too great." Albus says.

    "Could feel better. Very nervous." Scorpius replies.

   "I invited both of your families today. They'll be here in an hour to wish you luck about tomorrow. I know you guys probably want to be alone today , so they won't be here for long." Daisy says calmly.

   "Thanks." Scorpius says with a mouthful of eggs.

   "Who all is coming?" Albus says after taking a long sip of orange juice.

  "Let's see," Daisy begins, pulling out a list. "Your mother and father, James, Lily, Rose, Hermione, Ron, Your grandparents, and Scorpius' father and grandmother." Daisy says, putting her list away.

  "Does Rose really have to come?" Albus says, rolling his eyes. He's had a distaste for her ever since the rumor came out that she had a crush on Scorpius.

   "Her and her parents invited themselves, so I guess we have no choice. I set out some clothes for you two, you should change right after you eat." Daisy says, leaving the room.

    "The last people I want to see right now is my family." Albus says, putting his half eaten plate on his night stand. "All I want to do today is cuddle with you in bed and study for tomorrow." Albus sighs, getting up and grabbing the clothes Daisy laid out.

     At exactly 12:00 on the dot, the door to the ROR opened up widely. Harry, Ginny, Ron,
Hermione, Molly, and Arthur were all standing at the door. Many greets and "hellos!" were all being said at once.
       At 12:01, Draco and Narcissa came into the room, bearing two little boxes wrapped in Slytherin green wrapping paper.
      At 12:05, James, Lily, and Rose all came into the room, looking very sad, as they had just found out what was going to happen to Albus and Scorpius.

    "So, everyone is here now, correct?" Daisy projects to the room of people.

   "I think so." Harry replies.

   "Well, I'll just let you all talk for a little while. Call me if you would like anything." Daisy says, leaving the room.

  "Scorpius and I have an announcement, although some of you may already know what we're on about." Albus announces, grabbing Scorpius' hand and standing up. Harry and Draco give each other a knowing glare.

    "Are you ready, Scorp?" Albus asks under his breath, looking at his boyfriend.

   "Ready as I'll ever be."

       "Scorpius Malfoy is my boyfr-" Albus gets cut off by Scorpius pulling him into a soft kiss while everyone in the room cheers.

Well, everyone but Rose, that is.

Rose gets up and walks over to Scorpius while everyone else congratulates Albus for getting a boyfriend.

Rose pulls Scorpius to the side of the room, where no one else could see them.

"Rose, what are you doing?" Scorpius asks confusingly. He didn't know that Rose had a crush on him.

"I just wanted to -" she pauses, looking down. "Wish you luck. For tomorrow. And I was wondering..." she paused again looking up and nearing his face; "If you'd like to go on a date, after all this drama blows over."

"Rose, I have a boyfri-"
Rose cuts him off and begins to speak.

"That just means you'll need some convincing." She says, pulling him into a kiss.

He pulls away and storms off, disgusted look on his face.

"Leave." He says, running away from her. Panic rushing over him as he begins to softly cry. He wants to go over to Albus, but he's surrounded by his lovely family conversing with him. Albus almost doesn't notice Scorpius storming into their room.

"I'll - be right back." Albus says, hastily leaving the room. He notices Rose running out of the room, tears swelling from her eyes violently as she slams the door. He ignores this scary notion and goes into his room to talk to Scorpius.

"Scorp, what's wrong? Why are you crying? Why is Rose crying?" Albus asks wearily, going over to sit next to his boyfriend on the bed.

"She kissed me. Rose asked me out, I said no, and then she fucking kissed me. I'm so sorry. I told her to leave and then she started crying." Scorpius blurts, not looking up once.

"It'll be okay, babe. You'll never have to kiss her again - I'll make sure of it. Now let's get out there and hang out with our families - it just might be the last time we ever see them." Albus says, placing a kiss on his boyfriends temple. If he survived the upcoming battle, he knew he'd kill Rose.

Albus and Scorpius were just getting into bed when midnight struck. Midnight. 12:00am. That exact minute changed everything for them forever.

For at exactly 12:01am, they got a letter from McGonagall.

࿈ is back. Harry Potter is dead. Get ready for battle. Daisy is preparing a strong coffee that will keep the both of you up for the next week. Don't leave the Room of Requirement. I'll try to keep you posted. We'll hold off as long as we can.
- m. m