5: Brooke's Date Night

Above is a picture of the outfit Brooke wore on her date.....
Happy Reading!!!!
--------------------------------
A week has passed since the library incident and I've barely saw or heard from Jackson. Football season has occupied most of his time I didn't want to interfere. I last saw him on Wednesday in Professor Dunn's class but we didn't speak because it was test day and we were separated. Once the test was complete, I gathered my things to have lunch with Kate and our neighbor Mariah at the café.

We talked and giggled through our lunch conversation. I found out that Mariah is from Georgia and she's the only child. She came to UGA looking to have a good time and that was ok by me, she could definitely hangout with Kate and I. We made our way back to the room and Kate went to study with some boy named Derrick and I laid across my bed and took a nap. The rest of the week went by uneventful and now it was Friday night and I had to do laundry. Separating my clothes, I gathered my detergent and made my way down to the laundry room in the basement.

Saturday was game day and it was the first home game. UGA was set to play Auburn Tigers and we purchased our tickets a week ago and today. Getting dressed to enjoy the festivities, I wore some black skinny jeans that hugged my butt, red and black shirt with a bulldog on it and wore my red converse sneakers. My hair was hanging down in big lose curls and I wore a black cap. Out the dorm by 11am, the campus of UGA on football gamedays is a sight unlike any other. A sea of football fans, young and old, dressed in red and black from head to toe littered the entire campus. I was amazed and super excited to be a part of the fun, the best part was the tailgating. I've never seen so many food trucks and BBQ grills in one place.

We had front row seats (basically standing) of the Dawg Walk to cheer on the players as they entered the stadium, we spotted Kate's brother and he was damn fine. Kate was screaming his name and I was yelling as well. Looking around, I saw Jackson and he smiled and winked at me. My heart was falling on the floor, something about his green eyes that made head over hills for him. Or was it his dimples, hell the boy is a fine piece of ass! More than 100,000 fans filled the Sanford Stadium and it was loud. The music was playing while the band was taking their seats in the stand, the mascot "Hairy Dawg: was getting the crowd hyped. I was excited when Luke Bryan graced the field and song the national anthem.

Three and half hours later, my voice was gone and I was exhausted. We won the game with Jackson making the final touchdown. Walking across campus to our dorm, I was holding onto Kate and Mariah for support. I stripped once I was in the room and slept in a camisole and my underwear. My momma would shit a brick if she knew I didn't shower before getting into bed but I was too tired so I slept on top of my comforter and grabbed my throw blanket from the closet. I was out within fifteen minutes.

The next morning, I woke to the sound of text messages on my phone. They were from Jackson and I smiled as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

Jackson: You looked cute yesterday at the game!

Jackson: Do you want to have lunch with me today?

Checking the clock on the wall, I saw that it was 9am and I got up so I could make breakfast in our kitchenette. Crawling out of bed and making my way to the bathroom, I slipped on some shorts. Soon the room smelled of pancakes, bacon and eggs and that woke up Kate and Mariah. I texted Jackson back

Me: Are you asking me out on a date?

Getting up to clean my plate, I heard my phone beep. Kate looked at me smiling and I informed her that Jackson texted asking me out on a date and she gushed. Mariah was looking like a deer in headlights because I didn't mention anything about Jackson to her.

Jackson: What would you say if I say yes

Me: I would accept the offer

Jackson: Cool, I'll pick you up around 4pm