Chapter One

(AUTHOR'S NOTE:  idk why my indentations are being so weird but just pretend they are normal until I figure out what I can do too change them)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           I don't know how, but I managed to fall asleep for almost all of our trip. Only waking up for our few stops to grab some snacks, fill up on gas, and go to the bathroom. Of course, since it was my brother driving it took a lot less time than normal. Apparently the movers van won't arrive until tomorrow around noon.                                                                     I looked over at my brother who was already out of the car, waiting for me on the porch of our new house. Or rather my new house, at least for the next two months. "C, it's already lunch time. Why don't you grab your bag and start getting the boxes out of the car so I can get us Chinese food while you unpack, yeah?" I nodded, stepping out of the car taking a big breath before reaching in the back to grab my duffle bag, suitcase, and backpack. I made my way up to the yellow bricked house smiling to myself, before tripping over a rock. "OW GOD DAMMIT WHO PUT THAT THERE", I say looking up at Rin accusingly. He threw his hands up in a surrender motion, "don't look at me dude. I've only seen pictures of the place. Never actually been here."                          "This is blasphemous honestly. I could've died" I say dramatically picking up my suitcase once more. Taking in another deep breath letting a heavy sigh escape my lips I trudged forward ready to see the inside. Taking out the keys my brother gave me while we were at McDonald's, I unlocked the door. "Holy shit, man. This place is nice" stepping in I immediately noticed it was already furnished, and had crème colored walls with wood floors. To my sharp left was the kitchen, that had cute little counters and matching cabinets. On the right was a staircase that led upwards. Heading up the stairs I yelled out that I got first pick of rooms. As I bounded the last stair I was greeted with a crème door directly in front of me, a simple white door to my right, and a blue colored door to my left. Suddenly my leg was pulled and as I tumbled down the stairs a figure rushed upwards. "HA you really thought I'd let you have first pick? Think again nerd" Rin devilishly grinned at me. He quickly turned to the white doored room and I heard the soft clicking of a door locking.                                                                                                                                                           Damn that boy, I thought to myself as I instead turned to the blue colored door. Peering into it I came to the realization that this had once been a bedroom turned into a storage room. It was definitely the perfect room for me, built in shelves lined the wall with door, a window looking down on the backyard, and a cranny next to it. A bed frame was placed in the center of the room but no matress. Trudging down the stairs I grabbed my stuff that I had previously set down and making my way back into my new room and shutting the door. As I began to unpack my backpack full of books, I heard a knock.                                                                                                                          "Yeeeeess?" I yelled out. Rins voice sounded through the door "I'm about to get food, anything you want to drink?" I paused thinking about it, "I could definitely go for an Arizona sweet tea. Can you grab me a few?" I asked as I opened the door to look at him. He simply nodded at me and through up a peace sign before leaving. I waited until I heard the front door open and close, then I screamed. Rubbing my face dramatically I ran downstairs and assessed every corner possible. Trying to find just one similar thing to my old house. Just as I began to feel sad, my phone blared "Freeeeeezeeeeee your braaaaaaiiiiinnnnn" indicating too me that Luna was calling me. Grabbing my phone off the floor and standing up I answered the call. "Hey. Glad you called I was feeling lonely." I tenderly told my loving friend. "I know. My tarot cards told me something was off with you. I needed to check in on you." She breathed out the words quick as ever. "Why are you checking Tarot Cards now? You normally check them around 2." I questioned her. "Well you see, I know it's around 2 where you are so I thought I might get a better reading on your feelings if I checked it at 2 your time" she explained. Nodding to myself I reply "Yeah that makes sense I guess. But don't worry I'm okay. Just missing the vibe of my old house. Trying to get used this new place, it's so empty and spacious. You would go nuts, my dude."                                                                                                                                                                                                   We continued to talk to each other for a good hour and a half before my brother returned home with a bag full of Chinese takeout, a bag full of my Arizona's and a case of Mikes hard lemonade. Helping him dish out the food, I grabbed the box that had our few plates and silverware in it. And there we sat together discussing the plan for the next week, before he leaves for Texas, and eating our food. This was my new life. And with it came a new sense of hope. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.     Okay, this is the first real chapter. Sorry it's short and that this message is also short. I just found out that my Grandma passed away a couple hours ago and I feel so numb. Anyway if you're reading this, please comment and tell me your thoughts. You don't have to vote. This story could get no views, or anything and I would still work on it until I lost interest. It's just nice to have feedback.