Chapter 6

My eyes flickered open and I groaned loudly. Why was the room so bright? I rubbed my hands down my face and rolled over to look at the time. To my surprise I rolled out of bed and fell on my ass and moaned again. I blinked a few times so my eyes could adjust to the light. That's when I realized this wasn't my room. Fuck. I quickly stood up which was a bad idea due to the pounding headache I had. I sat down on the end of the unfamiliar bed and rested my head in my hands, trying to remember what happened the night before. I remembered drinking because I was angry about Ashton. I didn't remember anything after that. I certainly didn't remember leaving with anyone. Right, I was at a strangers house and I needed to get out fast. I stood up unsteadily and slowly opened the door. I looked around before quickly tiptoeing down the hall.

"Hey," someone mumbled.

"Fuck," I whispered and slowly turned my head. I let out a huge sigh of relief when I saw a familiar face peeking through one of the many doors down the hall. "Louis!"

"It's me," he said looking puzzled.

"Uh I haven't been in this part of your house I didn't really recognize it. I was worried that, you know."

"Rough night last night hey," he chuckled, crossing his arms and leaning against the doorframe.

"Actually I don't remember it really," I winced then my temples as my head was throbbing.

"You might not want to," he said biting his bottom lip, trying to hold back a smile.

My face dropped, "why?"

"Come sit down," he motioned towards the stairs.

We went down the spiral staircase and padded over to his living room.

"Here take these," Louis handed me a two little orange pills, "for the headache".

I swallowed them dry, then threw myself face down on the couch and he took a seat on an armchair beside me.

"What happened?" I groaned.

"Well you drank a lot."

"I know that I have the headache to prove it," I mumbled into the cushion.

"Okay. So then you started getting a little dizzy and you stumbled into a few people. One guy yelled at you and you tried to start a fight, so we took you outside. That's where you tried to stick you're tongue down my boyfriend's throat."

"Oh god, Lou I'm sorry."

"It's fine, you puked on him instead," Louis stifled a laugh.

"Don't. Laugh. Dickhead." I murmured, sinking my face deeper into the couch.

"So I decided to take you home but by the time I got you in the car you'd already passed out so I brought you here."

"Did...did Niall see me-"

"Morning!"

"Fuck. Pretend I'm sleeping," I whispered to Louis, and turned to face the back of the couch.

"Oh! Sorry," Niall whispered. I guess he saw me.

"He's a little drowsy from the pills I gave him for the headache," Louis stated.

"Is he feeling alright?"

I guess he did see. My heart still fluttered at his small gesture of making sure I was alright.

"I think so. So what happened to Ashton last night?"

"His girlfriend came and picked him up."

Girlfriend. Ashton has a girlfriend. I immediately regretted all the drinking I did. I mean, more than I already did.

"I'm starvin'. I'll start on breakfast," I heard Niall's feet shuffling closer to me, "should I ask him if he wants any?" I felt Niall's hot breath on the back of my neck. He must have crouched down beside me.

I quickly rolled my body over to face him, and my nose brushed something. His nose. We stayed there frozen for a minute, breathing gently. His warm breath on my mouth. His breath smelled sweet on mine which probably smelled anything but pleasant. I flickered my eyes up from his lips to his eyes which were focused right on mine. I wondered how long we had been in this position and if he wanted to kiss me as much as I wanted to kiss him. My question was answered when his lips came together. This was it. He was going to kiss me. My heart beat sped up as I closed my eyes.

"Breakfast?" he said and raised himself off the ground.

"What?"

"D-do you want any breakfast?" he stuttered.

"Uh," I blinked and finally tore my eyes away from his, "actually I'm not feeling too well. I should probably get home and get some more rest before work."

"Oh okay," he turned swiftly and started walking towards the kitchen, "see you around."

I looked over and Louis expecting to see a smug look on his face but his eyes were glued to his phone.

"See you Lou."

"What?" he looked up at me, "oh yeah see you at work. You can come by tomorrow and I can cover up that tattoo by the way." His phone beeped again and he looked back at it, typing furiously.

I furrowed my brow, it wasn't like Louis to miss something like that but I guess it saved me any further embarrassment.

I passed the kitchen where Niall was without looking up at him and didn't stop walking until I reached my apartment.

---

you are all my faves

-sophie