Chapter 1

My wife, Sheila, and I were on our balcony celebrating our 25th anniversary. We were drinking some wine, so we were a little tipsy. We sat there for hours, watching the scenery and making small talk. I stood up and stretched, since my legs were numb from sitting all day.

Sheila did the same and joined me a few minutes later, I leaned against the railings and just watched the sun as it slowly set. "Honey, are you listening to me?" she questioned. I jumped, forgetting that she was with me and I lost my balance. Sheila tried to hold on to me, so I wouldn't fall, but it was too late.

I held onto the railing as I watched my wife try to help me, "DAVID! Don't worry I'll call for help, just hold on!" she yelled, reaching for her phone on the table. Sheila came back a few minutes later, and told me that help was coming soon.

"David, just a few minutes more and help will come." she anxiously said. "Sheila, I-I can't hold on much longer!" I said, losing my grasp on to the railings.

"DAVID! DO NOT LET GO, I REPEAT, DO NOT LET GO!" she yelled, holding onto my hands while crying. "Its okay Sheila, I can fly!" I enthusiastically say. "DAVID! NO!" she screamed, desperately trying to hold onto my hand. I loosened my grip and I started to fall, it all happened in slow motion.

Sheila's P.O.V

He let go of my hand and I watched him fall. I looked away quickly, not wanting to see my husband's death happening in front of me. I expected to hear a splat, but all I heard was a thud.

I looked down and saw my husband bouncing on a trampoline. I blinked numerous times and sat there dumbfounded, and I finally knew what he meant by he can "fly." Stupid jerk could've told me there was a trampoline, he almost gave me a heart attack.

Author's Note:

Ok, it's my first time writing a book...so it'll be really cringey at first...Are you cringing at the word cringey? (Sorry, that was random)...Anyways, thnx for reading! Saranghae! 💖