Chapter 4

I watched my Papa make a human like robot throughout the years, and tomorrow is the day, where my Papa would test the human like robot he named, George. The only test George would take was on bravery, based on what my Papa told me.

   I never knew why, so today I will ask my Papa. "Papa, why are you testing George on only bravery?" I asked. "Well, Katie, the world out there is very cruel. In order to survive in the real world, you need to be brave." Papa exclaimed.

   I didn't know what he meant, since Papa never lets me go outside. "Oh Katie! I forgot to tell you that you'll be taking the test with George, so he can be used to human interaction." Papa said. "Oh, ok." I replied, it wouldn't be that bad right?

   The next day, I got ready for the test. As I was getting ready, I kept thinking about how George would be like. I went out to the hallway and walked toward my Papa's office, but suddenly everything went black.

   George's P.O.V

   I was sitting in an all white room, when all of a sudden the door opens. I watched two guys bring in a pretty girl, one of the guys said, "This will be the girl who will help you with the test." I nodded and watched them walk away.

   Katie's P.O.V

   I slowly woke up to see an unfamiliar ceiling, I abruptly sat up and looked around until my eyes landed on a person. "Oh, hello! Who are you?" I questioned. "My name is George, and who are you?" he replied. I froze when I heard him say his name was George, when did the test start?! How did I even get here?!

   I laughed awkwardly, "My name is Katie, I'm the girl who's going to help you pass the test," He nodded, "so has the test started?" He shrugged. "I guess so, I mean you're here." I nodded and looked around, my eyes landed on the door. I went to the door and turned the doorknob, but it was locked.

   There was a slot above the doorknob, I opened it and I was met with a horrifying sight of a dark forest. I closed it and looked at George with wide eyes.

   George's P.O.V

   Katie looked at me with a horrifying expression. "I don't want to leave this room." She said. I curiously looked at her, since I had the key hanging around my neck like a necklace. "Why? I have the key, and I'm sure what you saw wasn't that horrifying." I said. "NO! Go see for yourself, it's terrible!" She screamed.

   I walked towards the door and opened the slot. I was indeed met with a horrifying sight. "Ok, you were right." I admitted. We sat there for hours not knowing how to deal with the situation at hand, then I heard my creator's voice. "George, Katie, open the door. The view is not what it seems." Katie and I looked at each other, and I reached out my hand to put the key through the lock.

   I twisted the key and I was met with a *click*. I looked at Katie and she gave me a nod of approval. I slowly pushed the door, and our eyes landed on a painting. A painting of the dark forest I looked at Katie confused.

   Katie's P.O.V

   I'm so confused, why do I see a painting of a dark forest instead of an actual dark forest.
Then I hear my Papa's voice, "I'm sorry, but you both had failed the test. You'll take another test tomorrow, but remember this, 'Not everything in this cruel world is what it seems, so don't judge until you find out the truth'."

Author's Note:

   Hey Qties I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I got the inspiration to write this short story from Jhope's mv Mama. Go check it out ☝up there☝ or on Youtube. Anyways, I hope you have a great day/night. Annyeong~ Qties!!! ✌😄