Why Do We Fall In Love With Someone We Know Doesn't Exist?

Well we can start with the basic qualities of that person that make them attractive. Take a look at the things you like about them. For instance, with my example of Blake, I like that she is quiet, kind, and has a love for books, to name a few qualities. It's the same as looking at what you like about a real person.

     But, what is it about them being fictional and non-existent that draws us in? In all honesty, I couldn't tell you. It's different for everyone. For me it's the fact that I know it is somewhat of a constant. No matter what, it's not as if she could disappear, if that makes sense. She can't one day die in a tragic accident, because they exist solely within your mind.

     That being said, a lot of the relationship between us and our fictional partners is simply what we create. Yes, our character has the personality and appearance which was given to them by the person who thought them up. But, we dictate in our minds how they express their emotions and how scenarios between us would play out.

______________________________________
Hello! I'm the author, Patrick, and just wanted to say thank you for reading this far! I'm going to finish this book, finally. Look forward to more parts soon!