06 | six

"peter, i can't really talk right now, i've got - "

"where are you?" he sounded out of breath, like he was running.

"what? i'm at home, doing my home - "

"good, stay there, and don't come out until i tell you." his voice was distant now, like he'd put down the phone somewhere and was trying to keep the conversation. 

"peter, what are you talking about?" lucy put down her pencil.

"look, i'll try and explain later, but right now all i'm asking you to do is to stay at home, and don't go anywhere until you hear a call from me, okay?"

"why, what's going on?" lucy knit her eyebrows in confusion. "where are you?"

"i - that's not important. but staying inside is very, very important." his voice was louder as he added, "please just do it, luce. promise me."

"pete, are you afraid of something? there's nothing outside, i'm looking out the window right now. it's just dark, i'm sure you were just spooked by a stray cat or something."

"try a giant bird-man," peter muttered, but lucy heard it.

"what?"

"what?" peter sounded panicked. "okay, now i really have to go, but promise me you won't go outside."

"what's out there, peter? what am i supposed to stay away from?"

"it's like i said, i'll call you later, and try to explain it then. i've got to go, just stay inside."

"what? peter? peter!"

the line was dead.

[a/n: happy 600 followers to meeee! *dances like monica geller in a fatsuit* i hope you liked this little update, it had some tension in it! and yes, i know these are super short(like 250-300 words), but it's a dialogue fic, so that's kind of what i expected out of myself. i hope you can tell now that it's set during homecoming, so...yeah. see you next update!]