two

Freya

Gazing out of the window, the rain bore on endlessly; pounding on the rooftops and turning the sidewalks and roads into vast lakes of dull, muddy water. Dark grey clouds covered the sky, only letting a few rays of feeble sun slip past the barrier. The monotonous sound of raindrops beating on the pavement blended with the occasional whoosh of the breeze from the opened window that came through the treetops ahead. Everything was bleak, grey and dreary – especially the atmosphere. Most people were dressed in heavy coats, bearing large, umbrellas and walking quickly with purpose, not stopping to look at anything or anyone.

After two extensive and strenuous weeks of preparation, today was finally the day that I was officially going to be a patient in Arkham. And to say the least, I wasn't excited one bit. For some reason I was jittery about this whole situation. I keep overthinking dumb, unlikely things such as; what if I accidentally blow my cover or what if the patients kill me? The last one is probably unlikely (and a little overdramatic), but the first one is definitely a possibility. And at the moment, it's constantly gnawing at the back of my mind. This is going to eat me alive if I don't control myself.

"We're ready to leave now." one of The Unknown's minions told me sternly, wearing a fake guard uniform. Sighing, I turn around and peered down at my Dad's sleeping body on what looked like a comfortable bed.

Generously, The Unknown managed to pull a few strings and placed him into a recovery centre, whilst I'm away doing this 'task' for her. She has assured me he'll get major help and I'm extremely thankful that she's done this for me. I didn't expect that she'd do something like this for her 'partner in crime', considering she has treated me like dirt for the past few years that I've been working with her. Nevertheless, I've thanked her countless times for doing this and I'll always be grateful for her act of kindness.

Walking over to his bed, I place a gentle kiss onto his stubbly cheek, "get well soon, pa." I whisper, my eyes slightly watering from seeing him like this.

For now, he's sober and on some serious medication. I had told my Dad that I was going 'abroad' for a couple of months for my 'job' in order to get this 'huge promotion'. However he was under the medication when I informed him of this, but he seemed to understand. I think.

I can't help but wonder how long will he stay sober? I just hope he gets the thorough aid that he deserves and needs desperately... before he drinks himself to his death. Goodness, I must not think like that! It'll make me too emotional to think of him dead. I can't imagine what life would be like if that ever happened.

Stop it!

Exiting out of the recovery centre, we head to a damp, eerie alleyway that was close by. Down this passage, the Arkham Asylum transportation van was parked there beforehand. We had previously stole this abandoned van a week ago near a gas station, and now we're going to return it today. Once I've successfully made it in there of course.

The minion flung the back doors open and gestured for me to get inside. Tentatively, I get in and sit down on an uncomfortable bench. The minion throws a large black bin bag at me, in which I catch just in time, "find your size and put it on." he stated, before slamming the doors shut.

Blinking a few times, I finally opened the bag and found black and white striped jumpsuits and dresses, along with ugly pairs of shoes in there. Digging around the bag and checking through for my correct size for a while, I managed to find one. Stripping off my regular clothes, I swiftly placed this atrocious outfit on. It looked absolutely hideous on me.