five

Jerome

Sitting here with people who I terribly despised... was incredibly annoying. But since I have no one else in this disgusting place, I just hang around with a few fellow 'acquaintances' of mine in here. They think I like them just because I hang around with them. And they would actually do anything for me... sad really, sometimes even I pity them for trusting a person like me. Jokes on them though, because I'd rather watch them die painfully rather than hear another shitty comment about how good somebody looks. Sleazy if you ask me.

All I care about is getting out of this dump. And currently, I'm conjuring up a plan in order to achieve my goal. Because if I don't get out of this shit hole soon, I'm going to die of complete and utter boredom. Now we don't want that, do we? Haha: of course not! I have brilliant plans for Gotham's future anyway and being stuck in here isn't making the future of Gotham any better.

The citizens need someone like me - fabulously charming, exceptionally handsome, amazingly cunning and very cool - in order for them to finally seek their inner demons and become who they've always wanted to be... deep down of course. I'm so grateful that I finally saw the light ages ago, or else I wouldn't be who I am today. Which the answer to that was awesome, in case you didn't know.

Suddenly an erruption of laughter occured around the table. Wanting to roll my eyes at probably another terrible joke, I manage to control myself and fake a chuckle with them to boost their crappy egos. The laughter eventually (and thankfully) died down and I was again disinterested in their tedious conversation about the food here. How do I even survive being in this place? I'm so strong.

Glancing behind me, I see Zena and Seth at their usual table; in the back corner of the room, eating and talking. Yet again, there was no sign of Freya. It's been days since anyone last saw her. And I was actually beginning to panic for her wellbeing... I don't know why: I never usually care for people, but I did with Freya. How strange of me. Apparently, she was supposed to be in solitary confinement for 2 days only. However I have yet to see her to know if she's doing okay and mainly so I can go back to normal, instead of this awful mushy... liability (I'm just as shocked as you are) feeling inside of me. I know it'll go away once I know she's fine. I have a strong feeling she's alive and well anyway. Well- I hoped she was... for some strange reason.

Turning back around, I unintentionally tap my foot against the floor as if I was jittery about something. Psh. Me, Jerome Valeska, nervous? Ha! That's hilarious. Next joke, please. I seriously needed to stop thinking about Freya and her welfare, it's making me even crazier than I already am. And right now, I don't need crazier... yet. I'll obviously need it later, but for now I don't need this kind of shit whilst I'm dealing with my own things. Like how to leave this dreadful place.

Scanning around the room once more to put my mind at rest, I noticed nothing had changed from when I looked around a few minutes ago. So I turn around again and stare down at the half-eaten food on my plastic plate. Screw these plastic dining shit and cutlery, they looked tacky and distasteful. See if it were me, they'd at least be colourful and maybe some glitter would be added onto it for that pizazz, y'know? Everything here is so dull and they seriously needed to spruce it up a little. Maybe they should hire me to be their interior decorator! Oh, I'll gladly show them how to really spice up this institution. It'd not only be beneficial for me, but for everyone else too. But mainly more for me, though.

Thinking back to the other day when Freya went to make some toast, it put a smile upon my face. I can't believe she did THAT. She did something so simplistic, yet it was unbelievable of her to do such a thing. Especially in this place. It was extremely entertaining for everyone: more for me though, as nothing as juicy as that rarely happens here. It was like Christmas! God, I love Christmas.