Chapter: Twelve

The hospital was rather busy, though it was a hospital so I couldn't be shocked. Everyone seemed to be passing me, I wasn't going to get help. At least not right now. Doctors and nurses filled the room along with patients who were going to be treated. I couldn't help but feel like I wasn't going to last standing up any longer. Slowly I thought of my options. I could leave, chances of me lasting outside in this panic were not great. I could steal stuff to fix my own hand, that wouldn't go well in the long run. Or I could wait and watch as others were taken care of. Groaning I spotted a doctor setting his credentials on the counter, there was that split second that told me, do it. And I listened, I walked by the desk, swiping the card and making my way to the nearest supply cupboard.

Slamming the door behind me I was overwhelmed with the stacks of hospital supplies. My head started spinning as I began reading through all of the supplies. When I saw the one that I needed I grabbed it and gave myself a decent amount, I didn't know what I was doing but I was acting on impulse and survival. I couldn't let dad be out there alone. I had to do something, I could help people get away from the expo the best I could. Dread filled me when I took off my makeshift bandage and I saw my hand. Discolored, broken, and I was going to need stitches for the lacerations on my hand. But I didn't have the time, grabbing a bottle of rubbing alcohol I tore off the top and dumped it on my hand, I had bit into a washcloth that was in the close to muffle my scream, it was still pretty loud. I did my best to re-wrap my hand and waited a good amount of time before I opened the door once more. Thank god the hall had been empty when I exited, I left the key card in the room on the floor and booked it to the nearest exit.

My eyes scanned the streets for a car, any car, one without an alarm preferred. Older model 90's BMW. Perfect. I wasted no time picking up a rock from a flower bed and chucking it at the car's window. I was right no alarm. Sliding into the drivers seat I was about to start hot wiring the car but I caught a glimpse of myself. I didn't recognize myself. I had a bruise on my face from where Ivan had backhanded me, there were many bruises that had healed over the day it was since the party. I had blood smeared across my clothes and along my right arm. I didn't want to really look at myself.

I shook my head and adjusted the mirror, pushing my injuries aside and I focused on starting the engine. Dad had taught me how to work a car, that included hot wiring one. A few more tries then the engine roared away and I threw it into gear flying out of the hospital parking lot and towards the expo.

The car wasn't as good as the Spyder but it did the job, as I wasn't sticking to the speed limits at this time. I was racking up charges now, stealing medical supplies from a hospital, car jacking. I ignored every red light I hit almost causing crashes left and right but the other cars honks didn't divert me from my mission. I had felt the adrenaline flowing through my body instead of pain which was a good thing at the time. When I had felt the adrenaline my whole body seemed to jump as the silence in the car was filled with a ringtone. Cursing I grabbed it and ignored the call, who had left a phone in a car? Whatever, good luck for me. I dialed Pepper's number and hoped she would answer, I swerved to avoid another car an almost dropped the phone. Finally she answered on the last call an I put it on speaker.

"What?!" She exclaimed telling me Ivan's plan was already put into affect.

"Pepper, it's me!" I yelled hoping she wouldn't hang up if she knew it was me, I was okay now.

"Jaedyn? Oh my god are you alright?"

"Far from it," I chuckled at my joke. "Were gonna need to call the lawyers after tonight. Anyways," I ignored her protest for me to explain. "I'm on my way to the expo-"

"No you stay as far from here as possible. Hammer's drones have gone insane." Ivan was using the suits to hurt people. That's where Ivan would kill dad, while everyone is panicking Ivan would be using it to his advantage. "What happened to you?"