Chapter: Twenty-Eight

Dropping to my knees my eyes started to open slowly. Seeing the sky rain down debris and aliens fly through the sky. Just looking at the sky reminded me that this wasn't my home, and my home was being invaded. I wanted to get up but when I tried I fell back down onto my back. There were steps that came near me and grabbed me softly pulling me up. Again I opened my eyes and Dad held me, the face plate moved away so he could see that I was alright.

"Hi Princess..." He gave me a weak smile to try and convince me I was alright. "Jarvis, do a body scan."

"I'm fine Dad," I muttered and put my hand out to push off of him only to fall back into him. "Maybe not..." The swell of energy overtook my body as Loki spoke to me.

"Jaedyn would you mind..." My eyes changed as he spoke, I groaned and put my hands out in front of me, sending dad back. "If you would be so kind as to take care of your father." Loki gave me his hand helping me up and wrapping an arm around my waist so I could lean on him for support. The two of us walked towards the machine that held the Tesseract. It's hypnotic hum sent ripples on my skin. I trailed my fingers along the machine, the barrier of the stone sent a shock to me. Taking a deep breath, and feeling Loki's hand basically forcing my hand through the barrier I cringed at the small but many cuts that hit my hand at the same time. My hand grabbed the stone and I felt immense, almost infinite power crawling into me. Creating cracks on my skin that started from my arm up my body.

It surprised me, I wasn't scared of the power. It was almost like I welcomed it, I chuckled softly to myself when I realized it didn't hurt. I took a step backwards before my feet started to lift up off the ground. Floating inches off the ground.

"Jaedyn!" I heard Tony yell to me. Don't you dare harm him. Again I laughed, reaching up at the beam my body floated up to it and placed my hand into the beam. The portal expanded and grew brighter in the sky. I was amplifying the portal, that's why Loki needed me. "Jaedyn!" Again I heard my name and slowly lowered back onto the roof, walked to the edge I saw Dad hovering there with his Iron Man plate lowered on his face. He could just tell I wasn't there, not me. "Give me back my daughter."

"You think you really know your daughter?" My hand clenched to fists and I took another step, my toes dangling off the edge of the building. "The daughter who worked for Shield under your nose, the one who liked to go out at night and pretend to be a superhero. The one who hasn't been here this whole time. Your daughter?" I took another step, off the building, to be floating on the ground. My bottom of my feet covered in a blue hue.

"Jae, I know your still in there I need to you to be strong and fight this Princess..." He was pleading to me, foolish mortal. I wanted to yell at him, I wanted to tell him to just leave me alone.

"Your daughter is done for. I will kill her after I fully unleash the Tesseracts power. Your daughter, is dead. This world and it's inhabitants will soon follow."

"I'm sorry about this Jae," Tony said as he rose his hand and shot a blast towards me. With a wave of my hand a piece of metal from the roof flew in front of me to block the attack.

"I'm not," I teleported over to him, kicking his armor hard. "You wouldn't dare hurt your precious Princess..." Vanishing again I used it as my advantage and landed strong kicks to him that sent him backwards. Only for him to adjust himself by his boosters. Extending my hand and bringing it to my chest quickly wrapped his armor in energy and brought him to me. "Come on!" I punched his face plate with enough power to send him somersault backwards.

"I'm not going to fight you Jae," Tony said as he rose his hands palms open towards me.

"Fight me! I know I piss you off!" I yelled, running on air to him, jumping on his armor. He grabbed me by my sides to stop my impact, but I used the telekinetic power I held to amplify the jump and send the two of us to the ground. "You hate me! At least admit it! Admit that you wished you never had a kid! Let me see the father you really are, let me see the man who almost killed me!" He shoved me suddenly off him and I was sent a few yards above him, still falling. My body sizzling with a blue hue to the smoke. Looking at his chest I saw the arc reactor glowing brighter, which only happened when he used his Arc beam. He had used it against me, and it should have killed me. You are welcome for saving your life Little Stark. The Tesseract had saved my life. Suddenly I was struck and was taken over in an instant to teleport myself back onto the roof. The gravel under my body was far from comfortable but it was a solid ground, stable ground. Heavy eyes, loud heart beat, don't want to move...