Destroyed Dreams (ANGST)

AN: I had been really feeling the angst- so here's an angsty one for you angsty teens.
------

"Why would you DO something like that??!?!!!?"
I shouted, taking a pillow from my bed and slinging it across the room in attempt to hit my SQUIP.

I knew the pillows would just phase through him, but my mind was too clouded with rage to care.

"You useless piece of technology!! I should have never gotten you!"
More objects from around my room found themselves thrown at my SQUIP on the other side of my room.

He desperately tried to get me to calm
down, but in my anger I refused to listen.
"Y/N.. Please calm down there is always a reason for why I-"

"Go away!! Turn off! Shut down! Something!! For like 10 minutes!!" I yelled.

He looked at me with a worried expression, but he complied and left my head for a bit anyway.

As soon as he was gone I let the tears roll down my hot cheeks. I had never felt this angry at him, or at anyone before. But he managed to ruin a night that was supposed to go so well. It was supposed to change my life forever. But because of him, I blew it.

He made me look like a fool in front of everybody. Very important people, including the one person I had fallen desperately in love with.

My SQUIP took all of if away from me.

I let myself fall onto my bed and I clutched the blankets, crying into my mattress.
I was full of so much regret. Did I really need that supercomputer to help me get this far? I probably could have done it myself.

After a while longer of me lying there crying, he appeared again. I flinched at the feeling of his hand on my back. He hesitated momentarily, but went right back to rubbing my back in small circles. He knew this calmed me down.

My shoulders rose and fell in small heaves as I sobbed. He hummed quietly, and ran his hands through my hair. As this went on, I began to calm down.

"Y/N.... Listen." my SQUIP began,

"I'm so terribly sorry... I hate to see you so hurt like this..."

I looked up at him, my eyes red and puffy from crying,
"Then why did you do it? Why did you make me look like a fool in front of all those people? Why did you ruin my big chance at my dreams??"

He looked away from me, an expression of sadness on his face.
"It's because I knew that..." He trailed off

"Knew what??" I questioned.

"I knew that if tonight had gone according to plan... you would be with them. The one who stole your heart..."

He shook his head,
"I'm not supposed to be able to experience these emotions. But I think that- when you have so much exposure to human emotions, you can't help but learn to understand them after a while..."

I furrowed my eyebrows,
"I don't... understand... are you saying that you-"

"I am the one that wants to be with you, Y/N. I did this out of jealousy... and I'm so sorry."

I was at a loss for words. All I could do was look at him, my mouth agape.
Did he just confess his feelings towards me? He ruined my perfect night because he was jealous??

I shook my head,
"SQUIP...That doesn't justify what you did. You still ruined everything. You could have just told me. Tonight was about more than impressing my crush. It was about starting my steps towards my dream..."

He looked at me, running a hand through his hair and letting out a sigh,
"I know.. and I couldn't fix that no matter how hard I tried... "

We sat in silence for a few moments before he broke it again,
"...If you... don't want me anymore- all you have to do is drink some Mountain Dew Red. That's what deactivates me."