Loki

Imagine Odin telling Loki to investigate a strange power source on Midgard. Loki finds you and discovers that you have extraordinary powers.

Loki's POV:

I should have been assigned to something important, like overseeing the new recruits, or helping in training. Instead, I was on Midgard. Ugh, I hated this realm, from its humans, with their extraordinarily dull minds, to the earth itself: a planet once beautiful turned a waste dump by its inhabitants. 

I could feel the small sensor in my hand pulsing as if it were alive. According to its readings, I shouldn't be too far from the power source, but...where was it? I looked around at the homes scattered along the road. I was in a fairly secluded area and there wasn't room here for anyone to house something that would give off readings like the ones on my sensor. Shrugging, I followed in the direction the object directed me, irritated and completely confused.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV:

I was in my kitchen making dinner: spaghetti and meatballs, when I heard a light knock at the door. "Who could that be?" I muttered, wiping my sauce-covered hands on my apron. It wasn't uncommon for travellers passing through to stop and ask directions, but I had never had any visitors at nearly midnight. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loki's POV: 

After knocking on the door of the small house, I turned my attention back to the device in my hands, watching the small radar signal. The power source was...moving? As the red dot on the sensor got closer and closer to me, I tensed, ready for battle. 

A small woman of about 24 opened the door and asked kindly, "Can I help you?"

Unable to contain my shock, I looked back down at the sensor, then up at her. The readings confirmed: this small young human was the source of the massive amounts of temporal energy surging from this place. "What?!"