My Ferris Wheel Dilema

CHAPTER SIX: MY FERRIS WHEEL DILEMA

"What the hell, Wes?" I said, when I broke away as soon as his lips touched mine.

"You wanted to know what was up," he said, as he looked at the ground again. He was obviously asshamed of himself for kissing his brother's girlfriend.

"I'm dating your BROTHER, Wes. I really like him. You're supposed to be my best friend. You don't go kissing your best friend." By this point I was actually kind of mad. How dare he try and mess up my relationship with Keaton. I knew he had a thing for me but I had no idea he'd stoop this low.

"Don't tell Keaton," Wes begged me. "It will start unnecessary drama. He doesn't need to know."

"I'll tell him if and when I want to tell him," I stated. 

That was the end of the conversation.

The ferris wheel came to a stop at the bottom and I ran out as quickly as possible. I saw Keaton standing there and I knew Wes was watching so I ran over, wrapped my arms around him, and kissed him for quite some time.

"So it's official?" Drew asked, actually excitedly.

"I have a girlfriend," Keaton smiled, awkwardly. 

With my arms still wrapped around his neck, I said, "yes and I have the cutest boyfriend in all of Huntington Beach."

I looked over and Wes was already halfway back to his house.

"I'll leave you guys alone," Drew smiled. I really liked Drew. He was definitely the glue that held Emblem3 together. With Wes' amazing smile and voice, Keaton's cuteness and fantastic music ability, there was only one thing left for Drew. Also, he made great songs.

As Drew walked away, I turned to Keaton.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked him. I was trying as hard as I could not to bring up Wes in any way. That would only make me want to tell Keaton more.

"Anything, babe," he smiled. He was always so awkward. I loved it more than anything.

"Can I listen to your music? I mean, I've heard Emblem3's music but I've never heard any of yours. I saw you have a music recording station in your room and it looks legit. I just thought you'd have some music of your own," I smiled. 

"I thought you'd never ask." Keaton took my hand and we made our way back to his apartment. "Wait, do you wanna get some stuff at your house?"

"Like what?" I asked.

"Aren't you sleeping over?" he asked. 

"I mean, if you want me to," I smiled.

"If it was possible I'd want you to sleepover every night of this summer." Keaton looked down at the ground shyly.

I smiled but it soon faded. Tonight I had to tell Keaton what Wes did on the ferris wheel. I can't start off this relationship with a lie this big. This was only the begininng of my roller coaster summer.