Chapter 1 - Welcome to my world

Hi there! My name is Serenity and I am 17 years old and will be turning 18 in a few days,but before we can begin with my story let me begin to tell you a little bit about my self. My birthday is 16th July and I was born in the year 2000, or at least that is what it said in the note. You see my 'parents' aren't my real parents and my 'sister' isn't my real sister. I am adopted (but my 'sister' doesn't know that).

It all happened on 31st July 2001, it was a cold and windy night (at least that is what my 'parents' told me when I was 6), and my 'mum' was 8 months and half pregnant with my 'sister' Skylar.

'Mum' and 'Dad' were on the couch watching some TV, when they heard the doorbell.

"I wonder who that is?" questioned my 'mother' "especially at this hour."

"I don't know," replied my 'father' "but I am going to check. I will be right back"

My 'father' got up from the couch and headed for the door. He opened it to find no one there, he looked left, right, then looked down where he saw a baby (Me) wrapped in blankets fast asleep.

He looked around to see anyone who could of dropped the baby off at his door step, but saw no one, so he came with the conclusion they abandoned the baby, and my 'father' being the man he is, wouldn't leave an innocent baby in the freezing cold to die and he wouldn't give the baby to someone else (as he said that the moment he laid eyes on me, he fell in love with me) and so he gently picked the baby up, to ensure he didn't wake the baby up. Once he had the baby in his hands he noticed there was a cream envelope, which had on it written 'To Mr and Mrs Lux', encased between the folds of the blanket. Also around the baby's neck was the most beautiful pendant my 'father' had ever seen (and I still wear it to this day).

It was a pendant in the shape of a crescent moon, with perfectly cut sapphires near the points of the crescent moon and a single pearl in between the sapphires. Along with the moon was a star, made out of blood red ruby and it lay between the space of the points of the crescent moon.

My father quickly went back inside, and locked the door behind me.

"Who was it dear?" he heard his wife ask from the couch.

"Ummm," he stumbled on his words "I'm not sure how to explain this."

My 'mother' turned to face my 'father' and saw that he had a baby in his arms. Her maternal instincts went into overdrive and she got up as quick as she could to my 'father' and the baby.

"What happened?" She questioned.

"I opened he door and she was on our doorstep," he said "I looked around to see if anyone was around but saw no one, and I couldn't just leave her there so I brought her in."

My 'mother' gave the baby a sympathetic look and took the sleeping baby from her husbands hands.

"Oh you poor little girl" she whispered to the baby.

Then, like her husband, noticed the envelope and necklace. She took the envelope and handed it to her husband.

"Read it" she said.

So that's what my 'father' did.

"Dear Mr and Mrs Lux

The little baby girl you see before you is named Serenity she was born 16th July 2000. As you can tell, if you do the math, she is already one.
The pendant around her neck is a gift from me.
I leave her in your care and hope you treat her as one of your own."

"Is that all it says?" asked my 'mother'.

"Yes" replied my 'father'.

My 'mother' looked back at the baby.

"So little one, your name is Serenity." my 'mother' said "Well it's a pretty name for such a pretty girl and guess what you are going to be a big sister soon. That is if we can adopt you."

My 'mother' looked at my 'father' hopefully.

"Of course" my 'father' said smiling looking at the little bundle of joy in his wife's arms.

Then after a 2 weeks I was officially adopted and became Serenity Lux.

During the adoption process my little 'sister' Skylar was born (3rd August 2001).

From then on, the 17 years I spent living with them up till now was normal, if you call going around the world normal and having to be home schooled and your best and only friend is your 'sister', then yeah, I had a pretty normal life.

The reason why we travelled so much is because 'Mum' and 'Dad' are the CEO's of their own company and need to go to different countries for different meetings and since they didn't want to leave us alone they took us with them.

And true to their word, 'Mum' and 'Dad' treated me as if I were their flesh and blood and never treated me differently to how they treat Skylar.

But,even though this is true I still can't help but want to find out who my real parents are and why they left me here. I know it sounds selfish and I should be grateful for the life I have, but I just can't help but wonder, I want to know the reason why they abandoned me. However, I wouldn't dare bring this up with my 'Mum' and 'Dad', as I don't want to seem ungrateful.

Well I guess that's enough information to give you. Don't want to give to much away now do we (not that I have much to tell, I only hang out with my 'sister' and nothing exciting happens).

And now we're back to the present. And my 'dad' says there is exciting news and that we are going to another country. Again. Yaaayyyy.

If you didn't know I was being sarcastic.

Now that the introductions are done and you know my background. Welcome to my world. Welcome to my life.

A/N: Well that's all for chapter 1 of 'My Life' I hope you enjoyed reading it. The next chapter will be put up soon.
Until then, ja ne!