Chapter 2 - Just another normal day... NOT!!

Serenity's Dream
I am walking down a endless hallway. I don't know where I am going or where the path leads but I continue to walk.

After what seems like hours, I see a huge door straight ahead. I start to run towards the door and desperately try and reach for it, but the harder I run the further it gets away.

*beep* *beep*

The sound vibrates all around. Suddenly, the door fades away and the path beneath my feet crumbles, leaving me to fall in the endless pit of darkness, screaming for help.

End of dream

"Aaahhh-" I scream. Sitting up and frantically look around to see where I was - my room and in my bed.

I laid my hands on my head, taking deep breaths to try and calm down my rapidly beating heart.

'It was all a dream,' I thought 'but it seemed so real.'

After I was able to catch my breath I could here the beeping sound again. I looked over my shoulder and looked at my alarm clock. I quickly clicked the button to turn off the alarm.

Before I could recollect what happened in my dream, my bedroom door was busted open and my 'mother' with a hairdryer in her hands, my 'father' with a bat in his hands, and my 'sister' with her phone in her hand came running in.

"What's going on in here?!?" my 'father' screamed.

He looked frantically around the room for the intruder.

I looked at them at disbelief. First of all, even though my 'father' was the one with the right idea to bring a bat, but he couldn't swing it hard enough to cause a concussion if there was an intruder, even if his life depended on it, as it was a plastic bat that only had air in it. Second of all: Why a hair dryer?!? How is that going to help 'mother'? Sure, just try and blow him away, with just a little bit of air from the hair dryer. And then my 'sister', I can't believe she just brought her phone, like how is that supposed to help, sure she could call the cops, but the so called intruder could of escaped by then! What am I going to do with my 'family'? If this was a real emergency we'd all be dead by now or the intruder would have been able to have gotten away and be free to roam the streets once again.

"Dad," I said catching his attention "there is no intruder. I just had a bad dream"

He visibly relaxed and they all gave a sigh of relief.

"You had us worried there Serenity" he stated as he gave me a hug.

'He may not be able to do anything, but his heart is in the right place. Just like the rest of them.'

"Sorry" I said.

He came out of the hug and looked me in the eye and said "There is nothing to be sorry about, you just had a bad dream. I guess we just overreacted a bit."

I smile at what he said.

"Well, I guess you and Skylar should get out of bed and get ready for lunch" 'mother' said from the doorway "your father has a special announcement, he wants to tell you girls about."

"Really?!?" Skylar shrieked.

'Ow! Still can't get used to that. I swear sometimes, she is just not normal, she could destroy someone eardrums with that shriek of hers'

Skylar started rushing to her room to get ready. My 'father' gave me a kiss on my head and then left the room with my 'mother' leaving me to get ready.