Chapter 4: Madam Tyler.

"You could've just said no," I tell him, pulling the beanie from my eyes. A strange smile forms on his face, in his own way laughing at me.

"I did." I huff and leave him be, chastising myself for hoping for something. I relate to him, he's much like me, and I wouldn't be able to explain my problems just because someone asked, especially if I knew this person for about... a day.

I take the beanie from my head and look at it, two black circles stare back. Nao takes it from me and puts it back on my head, making sure it's settled.

"Leave it like this," he orders and I have no qualms with it, but I do punch his shoulder for making me anticipate something that never came.

"You're a jerk," I mutter, throwing another piece of clothing into the box.

"Then I guess you would spill if I asked you the same question." I don't say anything, turning away from him and fiddling with the clothes inside the box. "Exactly."

Birds of the same feather flock together. I think I'm sticking with him.

I pull the beanie over my face, suddenly embarrassed about the situation.

I see from the mirror that he also finished with folding and closed the duffel bags, pushing it away from him while he crosses his legs.

I cough to clear my throat, thinking that it would be better to keep busy than stay here and let this silence prolong itself.

"Let's return these and leave, Madam Tyler is expecting us."

*

"This is it."

Nao and I stand in front of a small wooden cottage that is sandwiched between modern buildings. The strong contrast between architecture would have new neighbors doing a double take, but the scene is one of the most ordinary things to me.

I ascend the stairs and knock on the door. I knock three times, pause, knock two times pause, and knock in thunder speed ten times. The door creaks open and I pull Nao inside.

I never took an interest in magic and incantations, but it always amazes me how, depending on how you knock, you will either be delivered to the living room of a sweet old lady, or the work place of a century old witch and document falsification-er.

"Hello, Madam Tyler, how are you today?"

Last I've seen this old bag of wisdom was a month ago, and she still hasn't cleaned up the place. She always says that there's method in her madness, but the only think I can see is filth in her filth.

He trash bags are reproducing.

Madam Tyler, unlike Mrs. Mish, doesn't look like an old coot, but more of a dignified old coot. She handles herself well for her customers, even though she wants to appear as if she doesn't give a quack. The witch usually handles with potion making, but she is more known for her talent in document falsification.

"Hello, Loopie, nice to see you again," she greets me but her eyes are on Nao. "Scent Eraser, I assume?" What does she mean 'I assume'? That's the only reason I come here for.

"Yah, can I have second one, too?"

"It's for the hunk behind you." I nod even though no question was asked. "That won't do, I assume you want something more permanent?" She asks Nao and he nods. I never thought of it.

But if he wants something that lasts, then the Scent Eraser won't do. One drop of that will make you unscented for five minutes, two drops twenty five minutes, three drops one-hundred twenty-five minutes, and so on. I don't think he'll have enough to buy what she's offering.