1

Nine hundred, ninety nine thousand, nine hundred ninety six.

Nine hundred, ninety nine thousand, nine hundred ninety seven.

"C'mon, c'mon." I urged as I chewed on the ends of my nails, chipping away at the soft purple nail polish. I refreshed the page for what seemed like the 12,000th time tonight.

Nine hundred, ninety nine thousand, nine hundred ninety eight.

Nine hundred, ninety nine thousand, nine hundred ninety nine.....

Refresh.

One million.

"Oh my god." I jumped back in my computer seat and covered my gaping mouth with both hands.

"Ohmygod," I exclaimed again, this time almost falling backwards in the rolly chair. I situated myself before starting to freak out again.

"Guys." I inhaled deeply and took a big gulp of air. "We just hit," I gasped as I grabbed the camera that was perched on my desk next to my laptop. I turned it around so that the lenses was now facing me and not the computer screen. "One million subscribers. Holy fuck."

From the angle that I was holding the camera, I probably had a double chin, but I didn't even care at this point. I had just hit one million YouTube subscribers and I was ecstatic. My channel was growing by the second; it was unreal. From starting this channel a year back up until now, I'd say gaining one million subscribers in that short of a time period is a damn good achievement.

"I don't even know what to do, guys, I- I don't even know what to say," I dragged my hand over my face, trying to wipe away the evident smile that clearly wasn't going anywhere. A million people. A million people watch my videos and like my content and just, fuck. Just knowing that I make one million people happy is an honor in itself.

"This is just something that you'd never believe would happen and just, wow. Wow," The smile spread across my face was immensely wide and it showed off all of my teeth. It was late at night so I probably looked like complete shit, my face red from pure excitement and gratefulness. With the camera in my face the way that it was, everyone would probably be seeing my gross acne up close and personal, but again, I didn't care.

"So, I made you guys a promise and I'm going to keep it," I began as I laid back on my bed and sprawled out, now holding the camera in the air with both hands so that the focus was centered on my face. "That promise being.... drum roll, please,"

As if on cue, my flatmate and best friend, Delilah entered my room and began to rapidly bang on everything in her sight. The door, the computer desk, the walls and pretty soon my bare thigh which was definitely going to leave a mark. She took the camera from my hands and aimed it at me, waiting for me to continue to talk as I sat up.

"Giveaway next Monday?" I took a short pause, looking at Delilah raise her eyebrow from behind the camera. "One of you guys is gonna get this wonderful basket of high end makeup,"

I then got up from my bed and walked over to my closet where I kept all of my makeup with Delilah trailing right behind. I showcased the basket of cosmetics which ranged from Urban Decay, to Kat Von D, to Too Faced, to even Marc Jacobs. Anything expensive product you could name was in there. I was sort of an overachiever.

"And all you have to do is be a lucky, lucky subscriber." I pointed and winked at the lenses while Delilah continued to follow me around the room some more. I glanced at the time on my computer, 2:17 am.

"It's really early so I think I'm gonna head to bed now," At that exact moment I let out a wide mouthed yawn, which caused Delilah to scrunch up her face and wave her in front of her nose. I playfully rolled my eyes at her.

"Everyone say hi and bye to Delilah." I suggested. She turned the camera around, waved quickly along with a short "Hiii!" and rotated it so that it was focused back on me.

"Stay stylish." And with that I closed my eyes and blew out a long air kiss, signaling Delilah to turn off the camera. Once she did she handed it to me and I placed it safely on my bedside table.

"I'll edit this in the morning,"

"It is the morning dipshit." Delilah retorted with a yawn.

We were both pretty beat considering neither one of us had gotten home until 12:00 this morning after a long day spent at Sephora and Ulta. We may have even thrown in some us time and went to the movies, which may or may not have ended up with Delilah in the hospital after having an allergic reaction to the popcorn. She claims she hadn't eaten popcorn since she was a kid, which was her excuse as to why she didn't know about the allergy. I think she was just feeling a bit too adventurous and wanted to know if she was still allergic. Either way, imagine being allergic to popcorn.

I flipped Delilah off and she took that as an 'I love you' and made a heart with her hands, blowing me kisses and backing out of my room slowly.

"Light!" I reminded her before she could get halfway down the hall. I heard her footsteps stomp back as she let out an an exasperated groan. She flicked the switch off rather harshly and I grinned to myself underneath my comforter.

"Thank you."

"Lazy prick."

"I love you!" I said in a sing-song voice when she exited my room once more.

"Go to hell!" She replied in the same tone, making her way down to her room and slamming her door shut. I couldn't help but smile to myself.

This was my life; I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

____

Helllloooo readers!! How was the first chapter? I'm probably gonna stick with this one because it's simple and the chapters are short and I love the characters so far. This was on chapter 1 so it may have been a bit boring but it'll get better. Promise.

no limits ;जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें