Chapter 2

Two days! It had been two days since she is held captive in a cell. It wasn't a typical torture cell, but a simple four walled room where she got three meals a day and comfortable clothes to wear. But the reason for her uneasiness was that she wasn't allowed any type of interaction with her family. She wasn't even allowed to see them! The only talking she had was with the investigating officer regarding her whole life story. She knew why they were asking her all about her life. They were seeking for some kind of connection that she might have with Sultan.

In these two days she had developed intense hatred for this man named Sultan. Because of him she was away from her family. Because of him she had missed two very important lectures that she had to give in the university. And because of him only, she had to face such worse humiliation by the various investigating officers and their questions.

The door opened finally and she expected her routine supper. But instead came a man with the guard uniform on.

"Miss Shreya, Mr.Garg has ordered your release. You are free to go to your family now. " The guard announced.

"Oh! Thank God! I thought they were going to keep me here forever! " she replied.

The guard strangely smiled at her comment making her smile back.

"If you could please follow me!" He said.

"Yeah! By the way did they find him?" She asked curiously.

"Who?" He asked.

"That person named Sultan!" She elaborated.

"Uhh!! I don't know. I am just following orders. " he replied hesitantly.

"Oh! " she said.

When they reached out of the building, two gate guards stopped them. The guard who brought her out showed some papers to which the gate guards approved suspiciously.

Shreya smiled genuinely at them though. She knew they were just doing their work.
"Please get in." He asked her.

"I can go by my own!" She suggested.

A panic filled expression crossed his face before he managed to shield it well.

"Oh no! I have strict orders to take you to your home safely." He said.

"Thank you so much!" She replied gratefully and got inside the cab. 

The interior of the car was strangely hypnotising. Within ten minutes of the drive, she started feeling dizzy. She tried...really tried to not sleep, but after really great efforts, her eyelids accepted defeat and succumed to a deep sleep. She could feel the thumbing of the engine for a while, but after some ten minutes more, she slept. 

.

.

.

"Where the hell am I? " Shreya wondered when she stared at the ceiling that had a beautiful chandelier. Her home did not have any such thing. And it did not take her enough time to realise that she was not at her home. 

Hospital? She thought.

But hospitals does not have chandeliers either. 

With great effort, and her head still dizzy a little, she took a seating position. Her eyes fell on the bedsheet. It was her favourite colour, maroon. Looking at her right and left, she studied the room. It was a very big room. She did not believe it to be a room either. It was like a terrace covered with four walls and a roof. 

But, she had to praise the decorator of the room. It was beautiful...typically made for the female gender. 

Snapping herself to reality real quick, she was about to ask herself again about where she was, when one of the two doors opened. She looked at the door with wide curious eyes. A man stepped inside. He appeared to be in his late twenties or early thirties. He had a bowl in his hand. And he had yet to notice her.