Chapter 7

Saying that her heart was beating erratically would be an understatement. She was panicking. The driver had come out of the cab and was talking to Sultan. She knew what he was talking about. Probably complaining of the fact that she almost had complained to the police about him.

She noticed him nodding to whatever the driver had said before he took a step closer towards the cab.

"Come out." He said. She couldn't hear him because of the window glass but she could easily understand what he was saying by the movement of his lips. Obviously, she was in no mood to obey.

When she showed no sign of coming out, he knew she was scared. Therefore, he proceeded to open the door himself. As soon as he clutched the handle from the outside, Shreya did the same from the inside. Both for the opposite intention.

He gave her a questioning look, but she didn't care. The confinement of the cab was her sweet haven right now. She didn't want to know what he was planning to do after hearing her plan of escape even after clear warnings. And not just an attempt at escaping but also reporting against him to the police.

He tried a little more pressure on the handle but she was rather fast and quickly pushed the door lock.

"This isn't a game, Shreya! Come out!" He said. A little crease formed between his brows.

She didn't understand him this time because all her attention was focused on the door. So she didn't have the opportunity to lip-read him.

When finally she managed to look at him, she saw him standing calmly outside the cab. He wasn't trying to open the door anymore. And she wondered why. He stood straight with arms crossed and a bored expression. It was clear that he wasn't very pleased.

After some seconds passed by, she understood what he was doing. He was giving her the time to come out herself. After all, she wasn't going to stay here always. Sometime or someday she will have to come out.

With a sigh, she finally decided to come out. If it was going to be her last day, she was going to live the moment with dignity.

She had half expected him to shout at her and half expected him to punish her, but he didn't do either. Instead, he surprised her like always.

"Welcome back." She heard him say but he did not sound happy, nor did he smile. It clearly sounded sarcastic.

In response, she maintained silence and looked everywhere but him.

A squeal left her mouth when she felt him grasp her wrist firmly as he began pulling her with him inside the building. After few stumbled steps she stood her ground making him look at her in rather displeased manner, again.

"This isn't a movie, Sultan! You can't keep me here. As a citizen, I have full right to not be here. It's against my wish. I wan...."

"Hush!" He said making her mouth shut immediately. "Follow me. I do not want to make a scene here. " He said.

Shreya immediately looked around her and indeed they had started to become the center of attraction by their behavior. Sighing again she hesitated a bit more before beginning to follow him inside. 

When they were waiting for the elevator, she tried again to free her hand from his grasp. SHe didn't like the way he held her hand as if he had full rights to do so. But, of course, he gave her that same frustrated look and she diverted her gaze again. Two women also came near them probably to use the escalator. Shreya couldn't be happier. She would not be inside the elevator with him alone. 

When the doors to the elevator opened, he pulled her along with him and flashed his palm to the two women, clearly stating them to wait. She was about to protest when the two ladies voluntarily stepped aside. She narrowed her eyes at him but he could care less. Her anxiety stepped to a new level when she saw him tapping on the floor where she wasn't staying earlier. Instead, he pressed to the topmost floor.