001

I stared at the phone on the ground. My parents are dead. It felt hours have gone by. All of a sudden the phone started ringing again and I was reluctant to answer.

"Hello?" I asked sniffling, not realizing I was crying until then.

"Hi, Delilah dear, it's Elizabeth, your aunt. I just heard what happened. Dear, I am so sorry about your parents. I know you're sad, but I was told to inform you that you would be moving to California to live with us after the funeral. And don't worry dear we're going to fly to you to help out with it and everything but-"

"I really just need to sleep aunt Liz. This is too much right now. Can I talk to later?" I said wiping tears from my eyes and sniffling.

"Oh that's fine dear. I'll call you tomorrow. I'm sorry. I love you."

"Love you." I hung up the phone and threw it at the wall and screamed.

Why. Why me.

I aimless walk up to my room, with only one thing in mind. I haven't done it in years because I promised Dalton, but I have to make an exception.

——— ⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ ———

I open my underwear drawer and pull out a small safe hidden under the articles of clothing and open it. I shouldn't do this.

But you have to. The voice in my head said.

I grabbed the blade and moved it between my fingers. I pull down my sweatpants and expose my scar filled hip and upper thigh that would be covered if I wore underwear. I pressed the blade up and against my skin and dragged it across it feeling the pain and the blood rushing to the surface.

One for Mom.
One for dad.
One for not being with them.
One for crying.
One for being rude to Aunt Liz.

I kept doing that until my hip and thigh were covered in blood. I quickly went to the bathroom and tried to clean up the blood. I took a paper towel and covered it and kept it there to act like a band aid until most of the bleeding stopped.

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING OVER ⚠️

I take off the rest of my clothes and hop into the shower and I stand under the shower head for what felt like hours. I was exhausted. I stare at the scabs forming on my leg when I get out and sigh. I change into a pair of sweatpants that I stole from my cousin Dalton and a tank top.

When I got back to my room I unplugged my iPhone and stared at my lock screen wallpaper--a picture of my mom, my dad, and me on a trip to Cape Cod--and tears started to form in my eyes again. I tried to blink them away when I noticed I had a text.

From: Doll-ton —
My Mom just told me. Del I am so so sorry. I can't believe what you're going through. Please promise me you won't do what you're thinking of doing. Be strong okay. That's what your parents would've wanted. ❤️

Too late. My stomach twisted and I felt guilty as I read the text over and over again

To: Doll-ton —
I promise. I'm going to sleep. I'm guessing I'll see you soon.

From: Doll-ton —
Yeah. See you soon. Love ya 💛

To: Doll-ton —
Love you 💙

I shut off my phone and crawled into bed, making sure I didn't put pressure on my right hip and sighed.

I cried myself to sleep.

———AUTHOR'S NOTE———

Sorry that this chapter was really depressing. But the funeral will be the next chapter and then she'll be moving to California and living with the band :))

-

If any of you are going through anything similar to Delilah PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dm me okay. I'm here to help.