002

*Two days later*

Ding dong. Ding dong.

I hear the doorbell ring and I jump out of bed. Dalton and Aunt Liz are here. I stare back at my reflection and see a girl who hasn't slept for days, her hair everywhere, and big red puffy eyes.

"Coming!"

I go down the stairs as fast as I can while pulling my hair up in a ponytail. I take a few deep breathes and open the door.

"Hello, dear!" My aunt, Liz, practically screamed as she gave me a giant bear hug lifting me off my feet.

My hand was stuck between her and my hip and I almost cried out in pain. It was still sore from what happened.

"Hi, Aunt Liz," I mumbled into her chest trying not to sound like I was in pain. She releases me and behind her I see Dalton.

"Come here," he said gently, opening up his arms. I wrap my arms around his waist and bury my head into his neck.

"They're gone," I whispered, tears threatening to escape my eyes.

And it's my fault. I said inside my head.

We let go and look at each other.

"Thank you for coming over. I don't know what I'd do without you guys." I sighed looking between Dalton and Aunt Liz.

"It's okay dear. Now I'm going to start planning the funeral. You and Dalton should start telling people in case they haven't found out okay, sweetie," she said placing a kiss on our cheeks and looking at me sympathetically before she walked into my parents office.

——— * 3 days later * ———

Today is the day of the funeral for my parents.

Aunt Liz and Dalton have been so kind. They try not mentioning it too much but when they do it's always stories and memories they have of my parents or about the funeral.

I've only had a couple of mental breakdowns, and because Dalton is here I haven't had a chance to do something to myself again.

I also started packing up my stuff. I didn't realize how much stuff I'd have to leave behind. I made sure I grabbed the things my friends and my parents gave me for my birthdays and set them next to my suitcase.

I'm going to miss this place.

I slipped into a black dress that Aunt Liz laid out for me and stared at myself in the mirror.

My big, red, puffy eyes have gone down and there wasn't any sign of me crying shown on my face.

This is all going to be over soon. I'm going to leave this place that reminds me of my parents and move to LA to live with my best friend.

Just try not to cry. I told myself.

When we got there everything went by so fast.

The priest talking about how great my parents were in a general sense because he didn't really know them. Aunt Liz giving the eulogy because I knew if I did I wouldn't even get a sentence out before breaking down.

And just as it began it was ending. And I was on my way home to shove my stuff in a car to move to the opposite side of the country.

"Let's go dear," Aunt Liz said into my room once I made sure I had everything.

"Okay Aunt Liz."

I picked up as much stuff as I could and Dalton grabbed the rest. I felt bad that he had to carry my stuff.

We got to the airport an hour early and started looking around at all the shops with crappy souvenirs like t-shirts and shot glasses.

I bought a kinda cute South Carolina shirt so I could always remember, even though I know I'll probably never forget.

After an hour we finally board the plane to LAX. As soon as we took off, I fell asleep, and didn't wake up until we got there.

———AUTHOR'S NOTE———

Sorry that this chapter was kind of short, but in the next chapter she'll be moving in and living with the band :))

-

If any of you are going through anything similar to Delilah PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dm me okay. I'm here to help.