Chapter 22.

Chresanto

Shocked, yet relieved about the news Zonnique had just stated, I followed her into the room Bahja was apparently staying in. Just as Zonnique walked in, and I was about to follow behind her, a call came through on my cell phone. I quickly fished my hoodie pockets for it, and looked at who was calling. It was Blaze. I threw my head back, and peeped inside of Bahja's hospital room. She was for sure unconscious. I guess since she can't see me, it makes no difference if i'm not there. I stepped outside, and took the call. 

"What's up, bro?" I pressed the phone against my ear, with a sigh. 

"Aye, where are you?" He asked me. He sounded a little disappointed. "I thought we were all gonna go make this drop?" He huffed.

"Oh." I dragged my fingers down my face. "I'm at the hospital. Turns out Bahja isn't dead. She's in a coma." I smiled at the pleasing news. I mean, it was downcasting, but it was satisfying considering the fact that she could've been dead. 

"That's great!" He declared joyously. "Well, i'll call you later. Get back to Bahja." 

"Aight." I nodded. 

As I hung up, I heard Zonnique scrambling up behind me. I quickly turned around to see that she had a big smile on her face. She ran into my arms, embracing me. I chuckled, and hugged her back. "What are you so happy for?"

"It's Bahja! She's out of her coma!" She exclaimed.

..

She arose from the white, plush sheets under her body. She reached her arms up to her eyes, and rubbed them, clearing her blurred vision. My heart was beating a million times a minute, until she finally opened her eyes. 

I didn't know what to say when she looked straight at me. I didn't know if I wanted to go and hug her right then and there, or if I wanted to ambush her with a bunch of kisses and tell her how much I want her back. But I couldn't do either, because I didn't want her to be to stressed out. 

"Zonnique. . . Chres?" She spoke her soft gentle voice, into the quiet room.

"Hey, Bahj. You're awake." Zonnique smiled, standing up, and calmly walking over to her. They hugged each other for a few minutes, still missing each others presence. I smiled at Bahja as Zonnique sat back down. 

"Nique, can I talk to Bahja please? Alone?" I ran my tongue over my bottom lip, fiddling with my thumbs. She silently nodded, and ambled out of the hospital room. As soon, as she left, I stood up and sat down in a chair that was a little closer to her hospital bed.

"I'm so glad you're awake." I beamed, leaning in to hug her. 

She quickly put her hand up, stopping me from hugging her. I frowned, and pulled my limbs back in. I sighed, and ran my fingers through my hair. "Are you still mad at me?" 

"You didn't expect me to forgive you when you didn't apologize, did you?" She snickered. 

"What am I supposed to be sorry for?" I raised my voice a bit.

"Don't even start yelling. I have a pounding headache, and you're just going to make it worse." She rolled her eyes, rubbing her temples. 

I sighed and licked my lips. "If apologizing is the only way you'll stop being angry with me, then so be it."  I shrugged. "I apologize if I made you feel like I don't love you anymore, but I surely do. That never changed. I've just moved on. Anyways, i'm sorry for leaving you without even consulting you first. Will you forgive me?" 

She ran her fingers through her hair and huffed. "I forgive you, Chres." She smiled.

I grinned and she leaned into my outstretched arms. Are hug lasted for about a minute and a half, until she finally pulled away.