Broadway Questionnaire (abbydancesx)

Hey guys! I found these questions on Tumblr and thought that I'd do them, since I'm procrastinating cleaning my room... lol. Enjoy! -ab

1. What is your "go to song" when you're feeling sad?

uhhh, probably My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music

2. What broadway song do you relate to?

God, I Hate Shakespeare from Something Rotten! 

okay, i'll be serious here.... (but legit my English final on Shakespeare KILLED ME)

Times Are Hard For Dreamers from Amelie

3. Favorite female voice? Favorite male voice?

Female- Phillipa Soo

Male- Jeremy Jordan

4. What is your favorite show based off the music?

Oh no this is so hard!! Right now, though, I'm obsessed beyond belief with Amelie.

5. An overrated song.

umm, I have to go with Candy Store from Heathers (don't hate me)

6. An underrated song.

The Opera from Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812

7. How many cast recording albums do you own?

umm idk at least 10...

8. Do you buy the whole cast recording, even if there are songs you are not fond of?

yeah

9. What was the first cast recording you owned?

The Sound of Music (the movie version but oh well) 

10. How many playlists do you have on your mp3 or iPod? If just one playlist, how many songs?

7 on my phone

13 on my ipod

11. Favorite song in general. (not on broadway)

Fifteen by Taylor Swift

12. Stephen Sondheim or Andrew Lloyd Webber?

Andrew Lloyd Webber, but I do love me some Sondheim as well.

13. Favorite choreographed number?

A Musical from Something Rotten!

14. What do you think of shows based around the music of other artists? (i.e. American Idiot, Mamma Mia)

I think that they're super creative if they're done right! I would love to see a jukebox musical with Taylor Swift's music.

15. Favorite song cut from a show?

Let It Go from Hamilton

16. Most powerful song you've heard in a show.

Inutil from In The Heights

17. Favorite song from your favorite show.

NOOO I can't choose! Okay, probably My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music

18. Saddest song you've heard.

So Big/So Small from Dear Evan Hansen

19. Do you reenact/sing in front of the mirror/pretend you're the character when you're singing along to a song?

pshhhhh totally not (of course I do)

20. Top five broadway songs.

OH NO THIS IS SO HARD AND IM SURE IM FORGETTING SOMETHING

Halfway from Amelie

Champagne from In The Heights

Helpless from Hamilton

Moscow from Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812

My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music

21. Can you sing?

Yep!

22. A broadway song that makes you cringe. (i.e. least favorite)

Omigod You Guys from Legally Blonde

23. What shows have you seen on Broadway?

OH NO I'm probably forgetting something...

Broadway: none as of now, but will be seeing Great Comet soon!

Tours/Local but with professionals from Broadway brought in to produce it (if that makes sense): The Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins, Cats, The Sound of Music (x2), Annie, Sister Act, Cinderella (x2), Something Rotten, 42nd Street, Chicago, An American In Paris, In The Heights, Newsies

that was a lot of work wow

23. If you could play any role on Broadway, what would it be?

Amelie in Amelie, Eliza in Hamilton, or Portia in Something Rotten

24. Name some stars you've met at the stage door.

Brandy Norwood, Roz Ryan, Stephanie Klemmons, Patricia Phillips, Joshua Grosso, Genny Lis Padilla (that's everybody that I've met in the 2 times that I've stagedoored)

25. If you could go up to New York and see any and every Broadway show you want to, what would you go see?

currently playing on Broadway? Hamilton, Wicked, Dear Evan Hansen, Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812, Come From Away, and Waitress (ahhh that's too many I'm greedy lol)

26. Which Broadway star do you want to see live more than anyone else?

Phillipa Soo

27. Favorite Tony Awards host?

James Corden

28. Least Favorite Musical

Heathers

29. What is your go to shower song?

As Long As You're Mine from Wicked (probably)

30. What does Broadway mean to you?

I'm going to change this a bit and talk about theatre in general. To me, theatre is a place that allows me to be whoever I want to be. I am able to be myself and express myself. When I get to see a production, I always love the atmosphere in the room, knowing that in the room, everyone is going to experience the same thing, but everyone is going to take it a bit differently. They are going to take that experience home with them, and share it with somebody that they love. Somebody in the audience is seeing their first show, and somebody is seeing their last. Somebody will be inspired to be in theatre because of what happens in that room. What happens in that room, though, is like a secret. It shouldn't leave that room. Try as you might, you will never be able to explain it to somebody who hasn't seen the show. You can't explain how the choreography works so perfectly with the song, how the lighting changes the entire feel of the scene, or just how powerful the words that are being sung may be. That, to me, is what is the most magical of all. 

okay, excuse that last ramble, but this concludes my broadway questionnaire! I'll try to get darkdisrepair to do it when she gets back from her undisclosed adventures, if y'all want. hope you enjoyed! bye!