Chapter Six

Frost's POV

The gates were opened, the line was slowly start to move, and I was now partly terrified of the man beside me, he changed all so suddenly, I knew I shouldn't have trusted a stranger, he could be a rapist or murder, maybe even a sex trafficker, but I was also getting a little confused at the fact that little tingles of warmth came from his hand as he grabbed my upper arm, we slowly started limped along with the crowd.

Soon we were at the the front of line, Snow lets out another little yawn. I knew that Snow didn't really like flying, I remember her first plane ride to Italy, she was only 4 months old, cried almost all of the flight. But of course my parents did nothing, they made it look like they were taking care of her when people walked past, but as soon as they were out of eye sight, they would give her back to me, I then would have to feed her, changed her diaper and care for her, though I didn't mind, I'd rather her safe in my arms, then hurt in those monsters.

With that thought my mind drifted, a small smile appeared on my face, I can't believe I ran away, I bet that they haven't even noticed that I'm missing, no police have came to find me, they were probably happy we were gone, and the thing is, in glad and reliefed we had left, but my smile soon disappeared.

What if they did find us? Would Snow be safe? If I had stayed in that house, Snow would be treated the same way as me? Would they abuse her whilst I was knocked out cold, I have to leave this place but what if they called the police? My dad was a very high and respected police officer, I wouldn't be able to get out of the country, I wouldn't be able to give the good life Snow needed, a life she deserved, anxiety rose within me, building up brick by brick, what ifs clogging up my head.

I snapped out of thought when I realised Zach was pulling my arm little more rougher to move, we finally then took our place at the front of the line, and I gave the man serving us Snow's and I passport and tickets. Then Zach did the same,but shocked me when he then told the host,

"They will be upgrading to first class, and will be sitting with me, no buts or ifs." he said clearly and coldly, his eyes unable to tell a single emotion, my stomach dropped, I felt the man's pain,  his hand went back and grabbed my shoulder, to which I winced to. The bruises from my parents still on my body, but I didn't want to complain because though he was rough, his touch was warm.

My mind and self conscious were tell my different things, but something about this man told me that he was very dangerous, maybe it's his aura or his stance, his posture and stone cold eyes, it's my gut maybe?

My gut was telling me to protect Snow, if I was only saving one life today, it will always be Snow.

We start walking into the plane without giving the man another look, he looks rather scared because of Zach, his death stare could not be that scary could it?

Maybe there is thing the host knew that I didn't, maybe Zach was someone important, maybe he is famous.

We get to 'our' seats, and Zach puts most of mine and Snows stuff in the overhead compartment, while I buckle me and Snow up. I saw people walking by us with looks of envy, I feel like hiding me and Snow, I've never liked being looked at generally.

After I finish putting Snow and I  in the seat, Zach sat beside me, I looked at him and slid to the left to make a little more distance between us, Snow was now safe asleep on my lap. I felt a soft yet rough thumb leave a warm tingling touch run across my cheekbone, I flinch back at the touch. I look at the only person who could have done that. Zach seemed surprised at my movement.

What was he expecting, that I would put immediate trust in him? I was confused he would even touch me so gentle after being so rough with me.

Maybe he has a disorder, maybe a ADHD or bipolar. I wish I knew what was wrong with him, the feeling in my gut started to stir, but I had no idea what this feeling was, which confused me even more.

Once everyone was finally settled in the plane, and was seated, the air hostess was explaining what to do in case of evacuation, how to put our seatbelts on, and where to exit from, everyone was buckles in and we were off.

We were off to freedom, to a better life, for a life with Snow to be safe, I close my eyes and take a deep relieving breath.