1.) The Attack

Hello fellow Ifrits, I appreciate you stopping by. I have decided to enter Sir Rob's contest because I already have a fanfiction based on the Storm and Silence series. Since I received such a positive response from my first one-shot, I thought it would be a cool idea to further expand on that story. I hope you enjoy it. Please take into account that the characters will be inaccurate.

____________________________________________________

[Mr Ambrose's POV]

It was exactly eleven in the evening when the carriage pulled up to the gray-stoned edifice of Empire House. Just as I had expected of him, Karim arrived on time.

I couldn't say the same for my private secretary, who happened to be five minutes and twenty-seven seconds late. It wasn't until after I had snapped my pocket watch closed that I heard the hurried, but familiar footsteps of a certain cross-dressing female coming from a little down Leadenhall Street.

When she finally approached me, I gave her a look that said everything I needed to without opening my mouth.

"Yes, yes! I know...I'm late! Unlike you, I actually...live with people...and that comes with stealthily...finding ways...to avoid them seeing...where I go at ungodly hours...of the night." She placed her hands on her knees, bending over to catch her breath. "So, I would appreciate if you would please lower the arctic glare you are giving me, Sir," she said, grinning up at me once she collected herself.

A sudden tug in my chest erupted from the way she was smiling at me, her chocolate brown eyes sparkling within the light provided by the street lamps. Instead of responding to her smart remark and ignoring my body's reaction to her facial expression, I made my way down the steps to the carriage.

Once I was close enough, Karim opened the door. I waited until Lillian walked down the stone stairs so she could get in first. Before entering the carriage, she stopped and looked up at my trusted bodyguard.

"Good evening, Karim. The moon is quite lovely tonight, wouldn't you say?" she said with a teasing smirk on her face. Karim looked at her if she were something revolting he found on the bottom of his shoe.

"The only thing I find lovely is the sound of you not talking, woman who is worse than an Ifrit," he replied monotonously, glancing away from her.

"I thoroughly enjoy our little talks. You always have the most encouraging words to offer." Lilly smiled mischievously at him, causing him to let out an annoyed huff.

"Get into the carriage, Mr Linton. You've wasted enough of my time by arriving late," I interrupted, wishing to get a move on toward our destination.

"Yes, Sir! Right away, Sir!" Lilly shouted, saluting cheerfully.

Once she settled into the carriage, I immediately entered afterwards. When I was fully inside, Karim closed the door behind me. I waited until I heard him settle down on the driver's​ seat before I tapped on the roof with my beloved cane, signifying to him to get the carriage moving. I listened to Karim call out a command to the horses and then we quickly set off afterwards.

"So, you never told me where we are going, Mr Ambrose," Lilly stated, breaking the brief silence within the carriage. She was in an unusually good mood this evening. It was slightly unsettling not seeing her behave like a mad fury from hell.