The Date Part 1

The next morning you had woken up warmer than you ever had, and unable to move. It was a familiar warmth, the kind that had nothing to do with the temperature- but, you figured that Torrie must have turned the heat on while you'd been asleep. You groaned softly, trying to stretch out, but unable to move. You wondered when you had become so deeply entangled in your bed sheets. You squirmed again; the blankets wrapped around you radiated warmth, and you probably needed to get up soon anyway.

You moved to get up, but another groan echoed throughout the room. This time though, it wasn't your own.

"No," the all too familiar voice murmured, and you could feel her lips moving against your collarbone. It sent another wave of warmth through your body when you recognized the small frame that was pressed up against you. "Stay," she commanded in a small whisper, further confirming who was sprawled on top of you.

It was then that you remembered the night before, but the memory was hazy- almost dream like. You vaguely recalled her laying down next to you, the warmth pressing against your back- her murmuring something in your ear.

"I love you too."

You immediately stiffened- you had told her you loved her. You had told Ariana Grande, the one you were supposed to be taking it slow with, the one that you couldn't even mention in interviews or else you would get in trouble, that you loved her.

You were in the middle of mentally scolding yourself when she moved again, and your jaw set automatically- preparing to force a smile and pretend like nothing had happened. That was what you had to do, right?

Ariana must have noticed, because she sighed and leaned upward, pressing a kiss to the side of your jaw. You could feel the warmth from her lips spread across your cheek,making you instinctively relax. You had become so used to relating Ariana to comfort and safety that it was like you couldn't be tense around her anymore- you melted into her touch easily. She knew that she could coax anything out of you without even trying.

"What's wrong, love?" she asked, propping herself up on her elbows so she could look at you. She was hovering above you now, looking down at you with an expression you couldn't place- contentment, happiness- love.

There was that stupid word again.

Her hair fell around you like a curtain, and it was then that you could really see her. She had no makeup on, and her hair was down- you realized that it was the first time you had seen her without a ponytail, and it made you wonder why she always wore it up when it was just as beautiful when it was down. (Well, maybe you were just a little biased on that one). She was wearing another one of your sweaters- and you were starting to think that she had a stockpile of your clothes with her at all times- it was dark maroon and incredibly washed out, faded golden words that read 'gryffindor quidditch' around two brooms forming an x shape. You'd had it for a good ten years then; and even though you'd worn it about a thousand times, it seemed to taken on a whole new glow when it was on her.

Although, the glowing could have had something to do with the little rays of sunlight that managed to sneak through the cracks of the hotel blinds- casting the entire room in that calm, sunrise yellow that wasn't too bright but just bright enough. It made her ombré hair take on a golden highlight, and it peeked through her hair just enough to give her already stunning features a warm aura. It really looked like she was glowing, and just looking at her you'd sworn your heart had never beat that loud before.

Your most recent thought echoed in your mind then; how telling her you loved her was a mistake. How you had to be distant because if you even looked at her in front of anyone it'd be the last you'd see of her. You looked up at her, looking at you in waiting, and shoved your thoughts aside. How could you let some minute insecurities get in the way of this? Waking up to her, having her look at you like there couldn't possibly be anything else in the world more important- you had to keep that. So, you silenced the voices in the back of your mind and let yourself once again get lost in the beautiful brown orbs that's stared back at you- waiting for a response.