The Boy I Hate

The Boy I Hate is the first entry of The Sugarport Duology

The Boy I Hate is the first entry of The Sugarport Duology. The second is The Boy I Wrecked. They don't need to be read chronologically, but that's presently a moot point because TBIW is on hold while I rewrite TBIH.

This story was previously a stand-alone set in 2017, but when I decided to write a spin-off, I revised it to be set in 1996. I've since been informed that a number of technological impossibilities have slipped through the cracks. I'm resolving this in my rewrite. Don't mind it for now.

TBIH is also the first book I ever completed! I'm embarrassed by a lot of it, but I'm still glad you're giving it the time of day. Please support by liking, commenting, following, and sharing!

•••

The Sign • Ace of Base

"i gotta new life"

Head Over Feet • Alanis Morissette

"won me over, in spite of me"

Lovefool • The Cardigans

"mama tells me i shouldn't bother, that i ought just stick to another man, a man that surely deserves me, but i think you do"

You Gotta Be • Des'ree

"you gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser"

I Touch Myself • Divinyls

"i forget myself, i want you to remind me"

My Lovin' • En Vogue

"i remember how it used to be, you never was this nice, you can't fool me, now you talking like you made a change, the more you talk, the more things sound the same"

Criminal • Fiona Apple

"i've been careless with a delicate man... because he's all i ever knew of love"

Take a Bow • Madonna

"say your lines, but do you feel them?"

Just a Girl • No Doubt

"this world is forcing me to hold your hand"

Wannabe • Spice Girls

"if you want my future, forget my past"